The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Rees-Mogg gets the gig on This Week? :o

and asked his stand out memory of the summer?

'the Queen'

I know it's a deliberate affectation, but the guy is a prick.

I don't think it's any sort of affectation; he is a prick; he can be quite funny on occasion.

Edit: And Alan Johnson is obviously disgusted with sitting anywhere near him! :crylaugh:

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Hang on, did I miss the story where George Osbourne has pledged £3,000,000 of british tax payers 'hard earned' money from 'hardworking' families to........Chinese football?

What the merry bloody prawn balls is that about?

How have we now suddenly got enough money that we can give £3 Million to China to help play football? Haven't we just had to stop school meals? Aren't we charging the poor an extra £14 for unused rooms? A £3 Million pound hand out to superpower China for cones and bibs to play five a side?

Quick, quick, feed me another nutty Corbyn story.

• Like 1

Ok.

Corbyn says we shouldn't take the piss out of Pig Shagger because it deflects attention from other Tory dodgy dealings.

He'd have a point too. Piggate completely overshadowed the school meals thing, a general threatening a coup and even the allegation that Cameron lied about knowing about Ashcroft's non-dom status. Four news stories on Monday, which one is still being talked about?

Hang on, did I miss the story where George Osbourne has pledged £3,000,000 of british tax payers 'hard earned' money from 'hardworking' families to........Chinese football?

How have we now suddenly got enough money that we can give £3 Million to China to help play football? Haven't we just had to stop school meals? Aren't we charging the poor an extra £14 for unused rooms? A £3 Million pound hand out to superpower China for cones and bibs to play five a side?

that's almost on a par with the "Why are we giving  UK taxpayers money to the  poor in India when they are building space rockets "  that spams social media

you know the drill ... give a £3m sweetener here and pickup a trade contract for £100m there  ...

I know that George Osborne has to buy his friends but what an utter, utter, utter *unt!

I know that George Osborne has to buy his friends but what an utter, utter, utter *unt!

see above  , presumably you and Chris are just playing the outrage card for political reasons because I know neither of you are that naïve  ... but I hear there is a homeless soldier going on Hunger strike with a Facebook petition saying No bread for Syrians until this man gets a council house  , perhaps you want to join their group whilst you are at it  ?

Just on the deal with the Chinese to assist EDF in building our new nuclear power station - the attention seems to have been grabbed by the Chinese element of the story (they're the bad guy of course) as opposed to the peculiar part about the same people who tell us it's ridiculous to have a nationalised energy company allowing our energy provision to be managed and owned by the nationalised energy company of France.

Wouldn't it be nice to think that there could be a British Electric company that was so successful, it started managing France's power requirements?

Which of those nations do you think is getting it right?

• Like 2

see above  , presumably you and Chris are just playing the outrage card for political reasons because I know neither of you are that naïve  ... but I hear there is a homeless soldier going on Hunger strike with a Facebook petition saying No bread for Syrians until this man gets a council house  , perhaps you want to join their group whilst you are at it  ?

That was my point. He needs to offer less obvious bribes than that.

We the sophisticated ones might understand that bribes and graft are legitimate means of doing business but surely we can expect him to disguise them in such a way as to make his corruption deniable.

I fully realise that he's in a difficult position because it is likely that most areas where aid would be appropriate would be considered as criticism by the Chinese if it was offered.

What it does is confirm what Chomsky says about the the falsity of Tory claims that they wish to reduce the size of the state.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Â