The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

We'll see. It's now over four days since Rees-Mogg, who we were all told is some kind of leader to these people, openly stuck his knife in, and they still haven't reached 48 letters. It wouldn't surprise me if they never did. 

Because they are struggling to reach 48 letters, it's highly unlikely there are 150 MP's willing to openly give a no confidence vote. 

Don't spend much time anticipating this, no matter how much the media try to big it up. 

If they don’t get to 48, I guess there will be an internal procedure within the BBC to work out why Mogg, with no ministerial experience and insufficient support behind him was given such a huge slice of all their air time across tv, radio and internet for so long. They appear to have been duped by a panto toff that simply liked the sound of his own plums.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If they don’t get to 48, I guess there will be an internal procedure within the BBC to work out why Mogg, with no ministerial experience and insufficient support behind him was given such a huge slice of all their air time across tv, radio and internet for so long. They appear to have been duped by a panto toff that simply liked the sound of his own plums.

I think you'll find it's because Farage has been temporarily unavailable.

• Haha 1

In reports of Mrs May's chat to her chums in the CBI, the phrase "the lady's not for turning" was used.

I see she has falsely claimed that EU citizens living here are queuejumpers, echoing the sentiment of Thatcher's famous vile comment about being "swamped" by immigrants.

Is there a conscious ploy by her advisers to try to channel the unspeakable one, to blunt some of the opposition in her own ranks?  Like necromancers summoning the forces of evil.

On 15/11/2018 at 22:26, snowychap said:

That would be very funny indeed. :D

Well, they've still not got there. They may, I suppose, but it's been a few days.

There have been talks about some problems with the adding up.

Who have you got, Steve?

Baker: There's Jacob, me, Nadine, errr Jacob, Fyshy, Jacob, about 10 people that even I haven't heard of, and me.

Also:

“The letter writing cluster**** is all to do with ex-cabinet ministers holding Baker in contempt. He is a self-promoter, sanctimonious and we wish he’d do less talking” - Brexiter MP The grim post-mortem of a coup that never was begins...

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1064589358597050368

(Embedded as link due to swear word not properly asterisked).

Edited by snowychap

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

ALways remained very popular on the folk circuit from whence he came

And hosted the R2 folk programme until the BBC unceremoniously dumped him a couple of years ago. 

• Like 1

Let's check in on everybody's favourite party, which is so much more important than the country. What have they been up to today? Well, breaking election law, and receiving a very serious penalty!

And the Health Secretary is keeping busy making new friends:

Good stuff. 

• Like 1

Â