The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 hours ago, Genie said:

5851216-A-766-A-4-C29-A364-A4938-C2-CEB9

DD790-AB8-DADF-4-D33-A05-B-61-B485-ED7-E

Now deleted tweets from before she spotted a route for career progression.

Is this really such a big deal? You could just as easily say she campaigned for what she thought best for the UK but when that result didn’t come through she worked to make the best of the hand the UK dealt itself 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think it is. It's not like she kind of came out and said she's been persuaded that....or that she still believed it was the wrong choice, but she'd get on with making the best of it, she just immediately switched sides when it was expedient to do so, and deleted as much as she could showing she used to say the opposite.

Yep the road to Damascus was a cul-de-sac in gated community

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

It’s simple. You first look at the prosperous, wealthy part and people and level them up a bit. It’s best to start with them, because they’re nearest and you know them. Anyway, then you…oh, I’m dreadfully sorry, there’s no more levelling up money left, we’ll think about considering the possibility of reviewing the situation in due course. 

Surely if we level up our most prosperous and successful people, that wealth will naturally trickle down to the working man in the street?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I bet nobody starts showing the price of their petrol in gallons.

It's a habit I've formed over many years to multiply the pump price by 4.5 to approximate the gallon price

If they displayed the fuel price in gallons around these ways the Price would vary between £6.00 and £6.40 which is a horrendous variance but when its £1.32.9 and £1.41.9 the difference doesn't look anywhere near as much

(diesel prices)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's a habit I've formed over many years to multiply the pump price by 4.5 to approximate the gallon price

If they displayed the fuel price in gallons around these ways the Price would vary between £6.00 and £6.40 which is a horrendous variance but when its £1.32.9 and £1.41.9 the difference doesn't look anywhere near as much

(diesel prices)

Yep, same habit.

I know it’s not directly my money, it’s going on the company card, but 10p a gallon when you’re driving 2000 miles in a month, it’s worth the mental arithmetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

We occasionally work with the US, they sometimes offer dimensions such as 127.2 inches (Kenneth).

I’ve had to ask them what unit the .2 is, are we decimalising the end of the imperial measurement, or is that like 2 twelfths of an inch?

I’ve been told it’s ‘obviously’ a metrication at the decimal point. Silly me.

I notice it doesn't delve into the murky depths of US vs Imperial Gallons

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I notice it doesn't delve into the murky depths of US vs Imperial Gallons

When I did surveying in college I had to work in chains, as it were.

Use a tape to measure a building in metres? No, why would you do that when you can throw Gunter’s Chain, literally a metal chain invented in 1620, 66 feet long. 

Peg one end in the ground, and lob the chain as far as you can, pull it tight, peg it, pull out the first peg and throw that end and keep a tally of how many 66 feet’s you’ve travelled. Why we don’t still use that is an absolute mystery.

I reckon I’ve got at least 4 Kenneths in there.

• Haha 2

Â