The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I'm sure in the olden days, Cummings would have been 'disappeared' if he threatened to go public with things about the PM. Maybe he'd have been repurposed as foundations for Crossrail or HS2. 

Anyway back to Cummings, did I see that he considered ousting the PM just after the Tories won the election?

Thats some special advisor, PM my advice is that I'm going to have an internal velvet revolution inside the party and, you are a gonner.

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Anyway back to Cummings, did I see that he considered ousting the PM just after the Tories won the election?

Thats some special advisor, PM my advice is that I'm going to have an internal velvet revolution inside the party and, you are a gonner.

yes three days after and form his own party to replace the current political system . Sounds like Hitler. 

• Like 1

Tory MPs suspended for trying to influence judge in Elphicke case

'Several Conservative MPs will be temporarily suspended from the Commons and told to apologise after being found to have tried to influence a judge presiding over the trial of a former colleague for sexual assault.

The one-day ban from parliament was handed down by the standards committee to backbenchers Sir Roger Gale, Theresa Villiers and Natalie Elphicke – the then partner of Charlie Elphicke, who was given two years in prison after being found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.

Two other Tory MPs – Adam Holloway and Bob Stewart – were ordered to make a statement apologising for their behaviour in the chamber, with all five found to have threatened to undermine public trust in the independence of the judicial system.

The politicians sent a letter to senior judges in November 2020 before a hearing on the release of pre-sentencing character references for Charlie Elphicke.

They used parliamentary-headed and taxpayer-funded Commons stationery to write to Dame Kathryn Thirwall, the senior presiding judge for England and Wales, and Dame Victoria Sharp, the president of the Queen’s Bench Division, also copying in Justice Whipple, who had heard the trial of Elphicke and was due to decide on the application to release the character references.

[...]

In a report published on Wednesday, the standards committee said the letters had been disregarded but the MPs had still sought to influence the outcome of the hearing and “risked giving the impression that elected politicians can bring influence to bear on the judiciary, out of public view and in a way not open to others”.

It added: “Such egregious behaviour is corrosive to the rule of law and, if allowed to continue unchecked, could undermine public trust in the independence of judges.”

The greater sanction of suspension was only imposed on some MPs because they either had “substantial legal experience” or were still refusing to acknowledge they had done anything wrong, with the committee saying “they “should have known better”.'

More at the link, including three of them - Gale, Holloway & Stewart - still not only not apologising, but actually saying they had 'enhanced the reputation of the house': https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/21/tory-mps-suspended-for-trying-to-influence-judge-in-elphicke-case

Personally think a one-day suspension for this is pitiful. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cummings also seems to have admitted he lied during the Barnard Castle nonsense, in the least surprising news of the day

Not exactly . . . he insisted that he had told the truth, but also said it wasn't the whole truth. 

To be honest, I found it the least interesting part of the interview. It was a big scandal and people were very angry about it, but it doesn't actually matter particularly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not exactly . . . he insisted that he had told the truth, but also said it wasn't the whole truth. 

To be honest, I found it the least interesting part of the interview. It was a big scandal and people were very angry about it, but it doesn't actually matter particularly. 

I mean, that's saying he's lied without actually saying "I've lied" isn't it?

But yes it's not particularly relevant or interesting anymore. Especially as anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows he was lying anyway

Remember when a certain leader of a political party got slaughtered for allegedly not being solemn/well dressed/etc enough for various Remembrance events?

Current word removed in chief attends memorial event for those killed in line of duty and receives precisely no criticism for acting like a clown.

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Remember when a certain leader of a political party got slaughtered for allegedly not being solemn/well dressed/etc enough for various Remembrance events?

You remember Michael Foot and the Donkey Jacket?

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It has to be a deliberate attention seeking act to promote himself as a harmless funny guy.

If he was genuinely as incompetent as he appears every time its an occasion requiring something a little statesman like, he’d surely have killed himself by now. If the PR around him was to believed, how come he hasn’t been run over chasing a ball, or electrocuted shagging a toaster, or decapitated getting his tie stuck in a wind turbine.

He’s a fake. All day long. 

Bless him. Everyone should stop picking on him, he’s doing his best. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

On 29/07/2021 at 16:19, Chindie said:

Current word removed in chief attends memorial event for those killed in line of duty and receives precisely no criticism for acting like a clown.

A couple of people on my fb friends list have posted this picture now.

First one “haha you gotta laugh”

Second one “he’s so funny, reminds me of Mr Bean”

It’s the PM for Christ sake, not a sketch show.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A couple of people on my fb friends list have posted this picture now.

First one “haha you gotta laugh”

Second one “he’s so funny, reminds me of Mr Bean”

It’s the PM for Christ sake, not a sketch show.

It gets worse, one of the comments:

he makes me laugh as he's just a normal bloke... Not a snob like the rest... More of a bloke you would go the pub with 😂

How can being a complete buffoon actually be a positive? 

• Like 1

Â