The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I expect he'll be editing his blog right now saying how he always planned to leave in the middle of November. 

Well apparently "largely redundant by 2021" in a blog from January means something compleely different as of today

In exactly the same sense as leaving by Christmas means something completely different to it's meaning yesterday

It has also been pointed out that he could have left via a different exit (The back door via the basement or the Cabinet Office) but he's chosen the from door

No shock that it was Laura K that broke the news either

So, what has he done over the last 7 months to justify the complete loss of political capital and public trust in Covid measures that we've seen since this charlatan was defended at all costs in the spring?

There's quite a lot of competition, but not sacking this bloke is one of Boris's biggest errors in judgement, IMO.

At least he's got Carrie to do his thinking for him now.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any word about what has gone on behind the scenes? Is it a coincidence that it’s the week of intensive negotiations with the EU?

Sounds like complete civil war in No. 10 with Boris's current bit of crumpet leading the charge to get Cain and Cummings out. 

Edited by Davkaus

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any word about what has gone on behind the scenes? Is it a coincidence that it’s the week of intensive negotiations with the EU?

I think the mistake you're making here is thinking that any of this is to do with the morals and ethics of the people involved.

It's nothing more than a dozen or so ugly little cockroaches getting angry about how much or little power they are getting. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

The Carrie thing has to be a smokescreen surely?

There is a lot of talk  about a bit of an uprising about Cain getting a promotion. There's no independent sources, but there's talk that several female advisors banded together and said they wouldn't work under him because (again, unsubstantiated allegations) they think he's a bit of a lech. I'm sure there's more to come out if that's true, but that's where Carrie Symonds apparently fits in. 

• Like 1

I suspect Boris's ego probably played a decisive part as well. Ever since he became PM there's been a lot of mockery about him having Cummings' hand up his arse. I wonder if he's been looking for an excuse since realising what a laughing stock he became standing behind him after the "eye test". 

We don't know much yet, I am guessing Cummings resigned, but I imagine Johnson was much less keen on  convincing him to stay than he  was in the spring. 

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Could it be Boris wants to accept the EU’s final offer and DC said if you do I’m off? That’s what my money is on.

There's just so many possible causes.

"I'm telling you Boris, we have the best data scientists in the world, it's a Trump landslide, go all in on no deal". 

It's also well established Cummings has been at odds with Whitty. He's got a covid/lockdown egg all over his face right now.

Edited by Davkaus

Â