The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

There are 10 PMs not from private educated schools. They are;

May, Brown, Major, Thatcher, Callaghan, Wilson, Heath, Macdonald, Lloyd George, Bonar Law

Interesting how most are fairly influential PMs

Edited by Mozzavfc

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree that it would be better if fewer politicians went to fee-paying schools, both because it would be nice for Parliament to better reflect the life paths of constituents, and because I want to seize on an opportunity to decrease the value-added of fee-paying schools. But the 2019 intake of Tories should be sufficient to demonstrate that 'not having gone to Eton' is not sufficient to pursue policies that expand welfare provision; the proportion of Tories who went to fee-paying schools is down to 41%*, the lowest it has been since people started counting (down from 73% in 1979), but the attacks on the social safety net don't diminish.

*To be fair, this is still huge - only 7% of the wider population go to fee-paying schools.

Where are those figures from Hanoi? It just says 'the proportion of tories'. Does that mean party membership? MPs? Cabinet members? 

16 minutes ago, Jon said:

Where are those figures from Hanoi? It just says 'the proportion of tories'. Does that mean party membership? MPs? Cabinet members? 

From here: https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7483/CBP-7483.pdf

Education section begins on p12.

EDIT: Sorry, to answer your actual question - proportion of MPs.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

From here: https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7483/CBP-7483.pdf

Education section begins on p12.

EDIT: Sorry, to answer your actual question - proportion of MPs.

Ta. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here by suggesting that the figure for de pfeffel's cabinet is somewhat higher.  😆

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What’s the betting Hancock has gone and got a tattoo of the word ‘unprecedented’, moronic scumbag uses it at every opportunity.

I bet they have some kind of algorithm that shows had they done nothing 5m people would be died so they are responsible for saving 4.95m lives.

Â