The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How'd you get your microwave oven home, on the omnibus?

I'd order it on the information super highway and have it delivered via  a covered wagon for transporting goods

• Haha 1

The Tories would be so much better off replacing everybody with an Amazon speaker thing that just says "Get Brexit done" in answer to any question. 

In fairness, it's hard to face up to scrutiny when your political purpose is centred around milking the electorate for your own benefit - especially when you've picked representatives so entirely removed from real life that they look ridiculous when forced to deal with it - Boris should be placed into the Mogg-Cave until Friday.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sajid Javid just said on the radio that for the first time, Jews could wake up this morning and feel safe.

Sajid Javid allowed a Muslim baby to die so that he could be better positioned in a leadership election. 

• Like 1

Here's one musing about how a political party that has just won an elelction with a manifesto saying that they need to look at the broader aspects of our constitution might entrench power in the hands of the executive:

Introduce automatic by-elections for anyone no longer a member of the party under whose banner they were elected (importantly, the law would have to say anyone no longer a member of that party - not that they left voluntarily but, effectively, anyone who loses the whip for whatever reason).

On the face of it, very popular across the political divide - mostly with parties and their supporters when they have seen individuals desert their own party (whether or not they have joined another) - and so likely to carry almost unopposed and to receive a great deal of public support.

What it does do, however, is enable ther party infrastructure to control how all members of their party vote in the HoC not by usual whip measures (however unsavoury they might already be) but by saying that the MP (or group of MPs) in question will effectively be out of a job in just over a month because the party HQ will not allow them to be selected as a party candidate in the forthcoming by-election.

Edited by snowychap
  • Sad 1

On 15/12/2019 at 09:48, NurembergVillan said:

He's always been an especially rare variety of bell end.

Whatever you think you know, I can guarantee you are underestimating it. I lived in his constituency when he was elected and he is without doubt the most offensive politician I've ever met. I say that having spent time in the company of Ed Balls and Ken Livingstone before now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Whatever you think you know, I can guarantee you are underestimating it. I lived in his constituency when he was elected and he is without doubt the most offensive politician I've ever met. I say that having spent time in the company of Ed Balls and Ken Livingstone before now.

Balls actually came across as ok in that trumpland tv show he did, Was very surprised.  The trailer for it had "It's dangerous to start from the assumption that voters are wrong" as part of the tagline. Maybe a few more people in westminster will start to reliase this after last week.

• Like 2

Simon Hart, MP has been made Wales Secretary. This is the guy accused of defacing his own placards during the election campaign. He ‘seized’ his placards which he said had been defaced by political opponents. It was pointed out that the next day, when he posed with them for the local press, swastikas had been added. He explained this by saying someone must have broken in to his shed overnight and defaced them a bit more.

Â