The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I wonder what they think JC will do that is worse than breaking up the Union, ruining the country financially and destroying the Tory party?

They think JC will break up the Union, ruin the country financially and destroy the Labour party.....

Er, actually, they should be in favour of that, shouldn't they - basically like a tory, only destroying the other party, not theirs? 🧐 

It's like the captain and the first mate of the Titanic arguing if they should crash into the iceberg at 20 knots or 23 mph, but during the argument the iceberg melts due to global warming so they decide instead to run the ship aground, but find the oceans have covered the earth, but so determined are they to sink the ship they scuttle it leaving only a smug few on a life raft satisfied that they have delivered democratic will of the passengers. The passengers of course had purchased a ticket to New York and what they had been assured would be a better life in the new world.

The survivors will then have to live in a post apocalyptic world made of water, where the memory of land becomes the things of myths and legends, but the burning desire to single out minorities and persecute them for their differences will endure, ensuring that any advancement of human kind (for example the ability to breathe in water) is mercilessly put down condemning human kind to a miserable existence bobbing around on the ocean like the last turd on earth that just won't flush.

(disclaimer: It isn't really like this, but I started writing and quite enjoyed where I was going so kept on going #kevincostnerforthewin)

• Like 1

I just recieved a rather pleasing notification on my phone that I am assuming has been accidentally truncated or is in the style of a Jeremey Rhyming-Slang Tweet. Demonic Raab has been eliminated. If only this were completely true and not just in the race to be head f***tard

28 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Unfortunately the rest of the crowd is still unlikely to set the world alight.

I'm rather worried they will set something alight, kids shouldnt be allowed matches

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm rather worried they will set something alight, kids shouldnt be allowed matches

I'd like to know what odds the bookies are offering on Johnson if allowed matches, ie will he set fire to his trousers, or his hair?  Or both?

Raab is an arrogant moron whose plan seemed to be to think he could storm across the channel like Henry V and give johnny foreigner a good beating, ignoring the fact he's already tried and failed.

He then got completely shown up by the outsider of the contest in Sundays debate, and still doesnt seem to realise threatening to walk away with no deal is not a strong negotiating position if it leaves you in a worse position than when you went to the table.

Stewart has played a blinder so far, he still has no chance ultimately and its all a facade - his actions contradict his words (still a true Tory at heart), but at least he may be able to show up Boris for the shambles he is tonight, and again show the lunacy of no deal. Not that it will make any difference.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rory stewart for me looks the best out of all of them as pm.

If gove somehow wins it I'm leaving the country. The guy is such a pompous weasel

Of course he is the only one that will admit there is zero chance to get a new withdrawal deal before the deadline, and zero chance to get No Deal through parliament.  If any of the others win then their career as PM will probably even shorter and more farcical than Maybot's.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Of course he is the only one that will admit there is zero chance to get a new withdrawal deal before the deadline, and zero chance to get No Deal through parliament.  If any of the others win then their career as PM will probably even shorter and more farcical than Maybot's.

But he is right?

Whether or not you're an unwitting outrider for the Johnson campaign or merely pointing out the startlingly obvious that Stewart, as a Tory, largely voted with Tory policies, his reaction to the comments made by the other people on the panel has surely been the most similar to most reasonable people's?

Edited by snowychap

Â