The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Nobody watching the debate of who gets to lose to Boris Johnson?

No, me neither.

The Missus had it on before and I walked in to see Gove say that of all the candidates, he was the one Corbyn would fear the most (fantasist) and that he’d done great things in every department of government he’d run to date (John and Yoko territory here)

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The Missus had it on before and I walked in to see Gove say that of all the candidates, he was the one Corbyn would fear the most (fantasist) and that he’d done great things in every department of government he’d run to date (John and Yoko territory here)

Apparently, he won the campaign for Leave, too.

Probably also saved Wellington and captured the Eagle at Talavera.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The worst thing about it though was that aside from Raab I'd rather any of them became PM rather than the person that will in Johnson. What a shit show.

I initially wanted Johnson to win because he'll destroy the Tory Party, I still think he will, I'm just of the opinion after last night that Gove will destroy it more. So Gove for me then Johnson because it doesn't really matter who leads that shit show, they'll all be bad for us in varying degrees, I'd rather the eventual outcome was the death of the party all together

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, bickster said:

I initially wanted Johnson to win because he'll destroy the Tory Party, I still think he will, I'm just of the opinion after last night that Gove will destroy it more. So Gove for me then Johnson because it doesn't really matter who leads that shit show, they'll all be bad for us in varying degrees, I'd rather the eventual outcome was the death of the party all together

It's an interesting situation - survival is what they've traditionally been good at, doing whatever it takes to cling on.  They seemed to be imploding in the early 90s over Europe, but managed to hold it together.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Following Matt Hancock's earlier Twitter pledge to harvest human hearts for profit, Jeremy Hunt launches his "let's euthanise the elderly" policy.

Interesting that he speaks only of older people. 

Presumably that's to distinguish them from people sanctioned and taken off disability benefits, who we assume can die without dignity or respect.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Following Matt Hancock's earlier Twitter pledge to harvest human hearts for profit, Jeremy Hunt launches his "let's euthanise the elderly" policy.

It's not exactly death camps, is it? 

I fully support it, having seen people slowly fade away,losing their memories and passionate, having nothing left but months or years of pain and confusion. If I ever get close to that point, I want to go out on my own terms, before my mind goes

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

It's an interesting situation - survival is what they've traditionally been good at, doing whatever it takes to cling on.  They seemed to be imploding in the early 90s over Europe, but managed to hold it together.

Yes, they've always managed it but I do think this time, they're between a rock and a hard place and eventually whichever route they take, they'll implode in some form, it's just a matter of time

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's not exactly death camps, is it? 

No. It was a joke. I don't actually think Matt Hancock sees organ-harvesting as a vote-winning policy and I don't think a Jeremy Hunt manifesto would be based on Logan's Run.

It's just quite funny that his marketing team haven't phrased his campaign pledge as clearly as he might have wanted. 

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No. It was a joke. I don't actually think Matt Hancock sees organ-harvesting as a vote-winning policy and I don't think a Jeremy Hunt manifesto would be based on Logan's Run.

It's just quite funny that his marketing team haven't phrased his campaign pledge as clearly as he might have wanted. 

Ah, you see, it's quite hard to tell that it's a joke that their policy might be to euthanise the old, because it does appear to be official policy to sanction the poor to death.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ah, you see, it's quite hard to tell that it's a joke that their policy might be to euthanise the old, because it does appear to be official policy to sanction the poor to death

It's just the Tories rewarding their voters with no longer having to suffer as a consequence of their own actions. Time off for good behaviour if you like

• Haha 1

Â