The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 hours ago, snowychap said:

Lidington is ok (ish). He at least isn't Gove or May.

I was just thinking...I mean it's not that long ago at all that the Tory party was basically pro Europe (though critical of some aspects), and led by people who at least understood that though they might not exactly be fans of the EU, they knew that it was in our national interests to work with, be part of and try to effect change from within. Now, there's a small rump of Tories (especially at the top) who say they have that sort of view. All the others are basically competing to out shit each other, to peddle lies and distortions. Even ones who 12 months or so ago were retainers have vaulted to being throbbers, or giving that appearance.

Like you say, Lidington isn't a throbber, which is a good thing. But as dreadful and broken as May is, all the rest, nearly, appear even worse. At least Labour who also have a diabolical leader have loads of alternatives who would be much less bad.

If it wasn't having such a disastrous effect on the country, I'd be loving it.

Theresa May has described how her faith in God makes her convinced she is “doing the right thing” as Prime Minister. 

Can we just send her to America, where they go in for this shit? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Theresa May has described how her faith in God makes her convinced she is “doing the right thing” as Prime Minister. 

It was her Tony Blair moment! 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That lidington bloke they're on about being next leader is a God botherer, sorry, man of faith, too.

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Forget America, talk like that should be an express ticket to the asylum. Less premiership, more padded cell.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Never heard of him before, but that's his account he uses for his professional image...toadmeister? 

One of these people that gets media attention through being a right wing troll.

Sort of Katie Hopkins lite, but without the absolute vitriol and hate and drug induced self harm.

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

but without the ... drug induced self harm.

I think you have the wrong Toby Young, this Toby admits to taking cocaine and supplying to others in the Groucho Club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Never heard of him before, 

On behalf of the entire VT community, may I offer sincere apologies for the thread bringing him to your attention?  It was a regrettable thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rumour is that Chris Grayling is leading the coup; Theresa May could be the new PM.

That's just not true.  Chris is currently trying to find his way out of his bathroom, and this is occupying his entire attention.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

That's just not true.  Chris is currently trying to find his way out of his bathroom, and this is occupying his entire attention.

I heard he had an ingenious plan to get out, but ended up stuck in the u-bend.

Â