The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Excellent result for Labour.  Still there, damaged goods, lacking authority and credibility.

Probably good for the brexit process in that it avoids injecting artificial delays into the system beyond what there is already.

So she will press on, possibly lose the DUP, and at that point it may be worth holding a vote of confidence in the government.  Holding it yesterday, as idiots like Kinnock wanted, would have been a very stupid move.

Just now, LondonLax said:

Well it’s more votes than she got when she first became PM I suppose :P

Although all of those votes were opinions I believe - tonight's vote included a number which were insisted on by the party rather than being the actual opinion of the MP's.

• Like 2

She must realise the game is up - the bulk of that 117 will vote against she brings back from the EU - She can't avoid a hard brexit.....

Someone posted we would find out just how small the hard brexiters are in the Tory Party.....well actually it looks like theirs quite alot.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

She must realise the game is up - the bulk of that 117 will vote against she brings back from the EU - She can't avoid a hard brexit.....

Someone posted we would find out just how small the hard brexiters are in the Tory Party.....well actually it looks like theirs quite alot.

You don't need to be a hard Brexit backer to have no confidence in this useless pm

• Like 1

Anna Soubry has absolutely had enough on SkyNews.

Says she hasn't changed and she's tired of the same tired rhetoric, that renegotiation is with the fairies, shouting at her Pro-May colleague. Wow.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If it's vital now that we "get on" with delivering Brexit, does this mean she'll be looking to get her deal back before parliament as soon as possible?

options

1.Hard Brexit

2.Tweaks to Mays deal gets through HOC

3.A N Other PM - gets a deals through HOC

Between 1 & 3 for me.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

options

1.Hard Brexit

Between 1 & 3 for me.

None of them. Extension to A50 leading to remaining.

Yes, I'm deluded.

You're tied to train tracks; hands over one rail and feet over the other rail. May stands over you and says "I've reached a deal, you're going to lose the feet, but we keep the hands; we will be a nation with our hands untied".

You say "Erm... I think we can do better than that, there's still twenty minutes until the train gets here, go see if you can persuade them to undo both hands and feet please" 

May says "Okay, I'll do that, I'll get us the best deal that there is!" May goes away for 19 minutes, has a row with her family and comes back.

May stands over you and says "I've reached a deal, you're going to lose the feet, but we keep the hands; we will be a nation with our hands untied".

A train horn sounds.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

options

1.Hard Brexit

Between 1 & 3 for me.

Nobody is going to get a deal agreeable with the EU through parliament, especially the hard-Brexiters who are now proven to be by quite a distance a minority of the Tory party.  The only option for me is to put it back in the hands of the people which is even more scary.

Â