The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Maybe Ideological is the wrong word, but even though she states over and over again about Brexit being Brexit etc, if she wasn't a Remainer at heart, we'd be hurtling out of the EU with no deal right now.

Edited by StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, legov said:

Not sure there would ever be a world in which the Tories would vote for Remain while Labour vote to leave.

Sorry if any of these questions sound silly, I speak merely as a clueless outsider.

Well mjmooney is positing it as a hypothetical. But it could happen. Brexit has cut through traditional party lines, with the result in the referendum scaring both main parties, and Labour is lead by sideline with an ambivalent (to say the least) attitude to Brexit, whose policy so far has been to walk between the rain drops while the Tories eat themselves. In an election campaign, Labour could continue that policy of the Tories chose to back Remain. It would do them good in all likelihood.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Maybe Ideological is the wrong word, but even though she states over and over again about Brexit being Brexit etc, if she wasn't a Remainer at heart, we'd be hurtling out of the EU with no deal right now.

Oh no I agree with you about May, it's Corbyn I'm not so well-informed about so I don't really understand what you mean when you call him an ideological Leaver.

1 minute ago, legov said:

Oh no I agree with you about May, it's Corbyn I'm not so well-informed about so I don't really understand what you mean when you call him an ideological Leaver.

Corbyn historically has been against the EU. He's at heart a resoundingly left wing individual who views the EU as generally a force for ill, in short pushing the interests of business ahead of the interests of the people of the world.

As leader he's seemingly nuanced that a bit, as I think he realises that he can't just walk away from the EU now. The UK needs the EU too much, and walking away is worse for what he cares about than getting a deal with them. Hence why the Labour position now is apparently do a better deal than May, when in the past Corbyn might have gone further than May does now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Sweepstake? 

I reckon something like 120 go, 195 stay. 

She probabley sent her own letter in,  it locks her in the job for 12 months when she wins so this is what she wants I suppose.  The very definition of "Locked in Syndrome".

Planned for and got IMO,  she knows there are 100's of fool's in her party and they will vote for her becasue it's the best thing for them.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

do they have a candidate with any sort of humanity?

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

I reckon It'll be Gove

Gove doesn't share any DNA with humanity, or anything else from this World thinking about it.

Don't think there's a chance in hell that she will be voted out. It's pointless. People who want her out should really consider their stance on Brexit. I really don't know why they think a different person would do a better job of doing the impossible?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Gove doesn't share any DNA with humanity, or anything else from this World thinking about it.

Reminds me of the X-Men when the machine to turn people into mutants actually makes them a liquid sack. If that process stopped half-way through you’ve got Gove. 

• Haha 2

There was some tory on the radio this morning, might have been that utter tool Owen Paterson, saying he was supporting the call for removing May because he could no longer trust her.

This is a week after we heard that 48 tories had told Lord Snooty and his pals that they had sent the letter, and it turned out that half of them were lying, because they wanted to curry favour with the right wing without being identified as having opposed May, in case it all went tits up.  So, both liars and cowards.

This is the calibre of the modern-day tory party.

Rory Stewart suggested they be locked in a room until they had resolved the issue.  If he had said locked in a septic tank until two-thirds of the country voted to release them, I'd have been with him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A few outlets seem to be focusing on what a shambles a Labour govt. would/ could be rather than the current shambles that the current govt. are in. Very defensive. 

It's an unerring truth they a large amount of the MPs and voters are more scared of a Corbyn government than they are of the outright disaster Brexit will be. Hence May specifically noting him (and McDonnell, to put the tin hat on it) to remind them of the great evil they could get if they kick her out.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's an unerring truth they a large amount of the MPs and voters are more scared of a Corbyn government than they are of the outright disaster Brexit will be

To be fair, Corbyn and Labour stood on a brexit manifesto, supported Article 50 being issued and have failed to oppose Brexit. SO we'd get Brexit and a Corbyn gov't. It's not about being more scared, it's just changing Brexit plus one set of arseclowns for Brexit with a different set. Corbyn, Abbott Gardiner etc. are every bit as incompetent and deluded as May and her, I was gonna say chums, but sort of colleagues.

• Like 1

Â