The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I've been thinking about the other options, Boris, the 18th century, Hunt etc. I feel a little bit ill. I know it's a bit of a big ask, but do they have a candidate with any sort of humanity?

You need more sleep, you aren't thinking straight

Who could be foolish enough to grasp the poison chalice?

If I were someone in with a shout, I'd want the job when seeking reelection in a few years. Whoever takes it now is going down in history as one of the Brexit Bastards. They won't be in the job for long, and they won't get a damned thing accomplished.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've been thinking about the other options, Boris, the 18th century, Hunt etc. I feel a little bit ill. I know it's a bit of a big ask, but do they have a candidate with any sort of humanity?

I reckon It'll be Gove

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I reckon It'll be Gove

I'm with @ml1dchshe'll survive, it will not get to the candidate stage

And she'll survive because they know, they know that no-one wants it right now and they are split into so many factions that are possibly irrevocably unreconcilable it could be the death knell if they do vote someone else in

Yeah she'll survive it. She hasn't completed her purpose yet for many of them to gun for her. Supposedly there's a bunch of ranking members who want the chalice anyway though - Javid was mentioned as throwing his hat in the ring asap if given the chance. Power prevents you seeing straight it seems.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yeah she'll survive it. She hasn't completed her purpose yet for many of them to gun for her. Supposedly there's a bunch of ranking members who want the chalice anyway though - Javid was mentioned as throwing his hat in the ring asap if given the chance. Power prevents you seeing straight it seems.

If Javid were to win it they'd be in trouble.  Daily Mail types aren't voting for a brown Prime Minister.

On 11/12/2018 at 01:23, mjmooney said:

If (hypothetically, obviously) the Tories decided to call off Brexit, and Labour opposed it, I would vote Tory. 

There, I said it. 

You've aroused my curiosity now.

Why?

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Because Brexit is so incredibly harmful, that cancelling it is a big enough deal that many would cross party lines to support a party that would cancel it.

Yep. I'd have a shower long enough to drown myself, but I'm with Mike.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Because Brexit is so incredibly harmful, that cancelling it is a big enough deal that many would cross party lines to support a party that would cancel it.

Not sure there would ever be a world in which the Tories would vote for Remain while Labour vote to leave.

Sorry if any of these questions sound silly, I speak merely as a clueless outsider.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legov said:

Not sure there would ever be a world in which the Tories would vote for Remain while Labour vote to leave.

Sorry if any of these questions sound silly, I speak merely as a clueless outsider.

Well the respective leaders are an ideological Remainer (May) and an ideological Leaver (Corbyn) but you're right, it won't happen.

24 minutes ago, legov said:

You've aroused my curiosity now.

Why?

Because this single policy would be far more important than any havoc the Tories could reap in a single term of office, its far easier to reverse their hell than it is to undo Brexit

• Thanks 1

Â