The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm pretty sure Guido Fawks is on the banned sources list. :)

"exclusive, exclusive, exclusive, exclusive, flash bang wallop, >> insult your intelligence>>, flash red and yellow, polarise and demonise, indulge in whataboutism, distort facts and ignore inconvenient truths. Exclusive..."

It's an INVESTIGATION!

Despite their shares plummeting by almost 50% and having more than £1Bn being wiped off the share price after issuing a profit warning last week, a multi-million pound contract to redesign the House of Commons and the House of Lords has been co-awarded to the financially-precarious private contractor, Capita.

Government documents reveal that the £43m contract was issued on January 30th, and seems to have been pushed through by the Conservatives despite huge questions being asked about whether Capita might be the next private government contractor to collapse after the disastrous plight of Carillion.

Capita have been awarded the work to redesign the two Parliament chambers alongside 3 other private companies, BDP, Pick Everard, and Purcell.

The news comes just weeks after Theresa May’s Conservative government came in for huge criticism after it was revealed that they awarded more than £1.3Bn of contracts to Carillion even after the now-liquidated company had issued the infamous profit warning which led to its eventual downfall.

And now, Capita’s financial situation has become so severe, and the paralels to Carillion so similar, that government Ministers have been forced to hold talks with Capita executives to discuss the likelihood of collapse.

Added to the collapse of Carillion and major worries about the financial viability of Capita, yet another preferred government contractor, Interserve, have severe financial worries after their debt almost doubled from £274m in 2016 to £513m at the end of 2017.

Furthermore, just yesterday it was revealed that 30 police forces across Britain had been forced to spend millions of pounds of taxpayer’s money to bail out a private forensics firm, Key Forensics Services, after the company collapsed, putting thousands of legal cases in jeopardy.

All in all it’s been a terrible few months for neoliberal ideology. The events of the last few weeks have proved that outsourcing vital public work to private companies is an incredibly precarious way of running things, especially when many of the companies involved appear to be completely and utterly incompetent when it comes to managing their own finances.

Evolve Politics

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

From a link (Torygraph) on the linked article:

I set up the European Research Group in July 1993 towards the end of the Maastricht furore. It comprised Conservative Members of Parliament who were concerned about the direction being taken by the European Union towards becoming a federal state.

The 'I' is the former MP for down here, Michael Spicer (he of expenses for helipad infamy). I am not suprised that his wazzock had something to do with this.

Like almost all Tories, Rees-Mogg is a word removed.

Like Boris hes an old school Tory with gimmick facade hiding what he actually believes. He's an evil word removed and should be banished back to obscurity as soon as possible.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Like almost all Tories, Rees-Mogg is a word removed.

He's a funny one (not ha ha). I'd take a healthy punt that very few people would have voluntarily sat next to him at school - and that includes the teachers.

Â