limpid

I live in Catalonia and rely on streams to watch Villa. Most of the time I struggle to find one with decent quality. It's 4 o'clock kick off. The wife gives me guff for wasting my time watching a team "Que mai guanya!! (which never wins) my Catalan mates tell me to jack it in and just watch Barça, they reckon I'd be happier, more cheerful. I'm sick of the sympathetic pat on the back on saturday nights out. It's been going on too long.

This season I was full of optimism, boring people about how we'd signed young eager talented players....they just laughed at me, "you've sold Benteke, you're going down". "But we've signed Adama and Gil will get game time!" ....bla bla bla..

Sick of putting a brave face on things and living off scraps of optimism. Tired of the ridicule, the knowing smiles, the endless shaking of my head when asked about the Villa result.

It's the Rugby world cup for me now. Supporting Villa is soul destroying right now and I just can't bring myself to watch the cup game against THEM.