Why can't we all get along ?

hippo

Because most people are A] Utter assholes, B] Utter imbecilles and many of them are C] Both.

The problem is that everyone thinks this is only true about someone else.

There are decent and genuinely nice people out there but, there are many thoughtless, selfish dumb people for one of the before-mentioned nice people.

People fleeing murderous regimes in one country, - to be forcibly rejected by another, people being tortured a murdered because they believe in a different way of life and values - regimes that by various methods impose impose their will. Reality TV shows that glorify back stabbing  - Divorce rates up to 50%

Were we actually designed to get along - or is it a human failing.......?

It is impossible to know how good or bad we actually are as a species.

But the best way to improve your view of humanity is to stop consuming the distorted vision offered by the media of the world.

You know why media is as rotten as it is? Because A] people buys into their sensationalistic shit and B] media is filled with unscrupulous rocket polishers who are ready to exploit anything they can find to feed the people's need for inane bullshit about gossip and/or misery. Tabloids etc wouldn't exist unless there'd be demand for them.

• Like 1

I mentioned this on another thread a few weeks back. My college lecturer said something like this to me once...

"There are enough resources, enough money and enough knowledge on the planet for us to all live in peace until the end of time. So why are people fighting?"

Its mad innit, we could all come together as one and explore space, building on new planets and expanding our horizons (literally, I suppose) beyond all imaginable prospects, we could cure every disease and everyone can live in harmony with everything they need to survive a long and healthy life. But we bomb the shit out of other for money/oil/power/religious reasons.

• Like 2

Mooney, what that tells me is you've got a high sex drive but you talk too much!

I just re did the survey a few times until I got the results of a nice considerate person with a huge wang.

Pretty much right, actually.

I mentioned this on another thread a few weeks back. My college lecturer said something like this to me once...

"There are enough resources, enough money and enough knowledge on the planet for us to all live in peace until the end of time. So why are people fighting?"

Its mad innit, we could all come together as one and explore space, building on new planets and expanding our horizons (literally, I suppose) beyond all imaginable prospects, we could cure every disease and everyone can live in harmony with everything they need to survive a long and healthy life. But we bomb the shit out of other for money/oil/power/religious reasons.

The only way humanity would function as one would be against evil alien invaders, eg. Independence Day.

• 6 months later...
On September 18, 2015 at 04:42, mjmooney said:

Evolutionary biology.

What a great summation of the essence of humanity. Clinical and cold, but beautifully true.

On 18 September 2015 at 16:16, Wainy316 said:

The only way humanity would function as one would be against evil alien invaders, eg. Independence Day.

You mean like that film that got banned in the Arab world because the hero was a Jew :) 

Â