Pre match thread

roonst83

Need anything to try and take my mind off the atrocity which was our meltdown against Leicester so thought I kick off the match thread.

Really think Tim will have a huge job on his hands to lift the boys after such a gut wrenching defeat. This will play into Pulis's hands and he'll certainly make it hard work for us. Feels like the two wins in a week from last season could come back to bite us in the arse with Baggies and Blues coming up next.

Gil and Grealish should start (if Gil is fit) but in truth we need to find any way we can to get a win and as fans we need to cross our fingers and hope for the best because I've got very little faith in Tim being able to use any tactics to affect the game once it's underway. 

A win would be unbelievably huge. Im just not sure if we have it within us to get one. 

Prove me wrong Tim. 

Don't even care anymore.

It's like being a drug addict. You need to and should stop but you can't. I'm going cold turkey now. I've hit the bottom in my Villa support.

Oh I'll follow it but I think I've got to the stage now where I really don't care whether we go down or not. I'm just becoming numb to it all now.

• Like 1

Don't even care anymore.

It's like being a drug addict. You need to and should stop but you can't. I'm going cold turkey now. I've hit the bottom in my Villa support.

Oh I'll follow it but I think I've got to the stage now where I really don't care whether we go down or not. I'm just becoming numb to it all now.

We all get like that mate. Don't let it drag you down.

Don't even care anymore.

We all get like that mate. Don't let it drag you down.

It's not like I'm depressed about it or anything, I'm just getting to the stage where I genuinely don't care that much what happens because it's all so futile now - we're pretty much perennial strugglers in the Premier League now.

Anyway, I think we could win this, although of course that would require the pricks to actually get their heads right - it's a big ask. Hopefully we can kickstart our season the same way the victory over West Brom did back in March.

I mention it only as a point of interest but, pending this evening's Premier League game, Villa have the 'easiest on paper' * next 5 fixtures in the league, with opposition's league place averaging 13.2.

v WBA (14), @ Liverpool (9), v Stoke (19), @ Chelsea (17), v Swansea (7).  Although I think it's fair to say that at least 2 of those are in false positions.

* based solely on league position.

Tough game. Should be interesting. They have actually played well, at least got results despite harder games than us. We shown promise but obliterated in good positions. Could really use a win here, for morale and confidence going into the games ahead. Hoping for a decent attendance, players need the support I think after Leicester. My heart wants a response to that. Tim's attitude afterwards suggested we'll get one. I'll predict a score draw. 2-2.

Be nice to have a game where we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid unforced errors that cost goals. Not holding out too much hope for that though, still seems to be a big mental block in the squad, still too much of a loser mentality