Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Im interested to see some stats about running kms averages for our players compared to others. I mentioned the Everton match thread... and that Gil was second in our most run stats at 4.6 km or something.. i think it was just after half time.. and by that stage Everton had 3 players over 5 km. Bit concerning that our most creative player is running harder than the rest of them. Especially the so called defensive three that were playing.

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Im interested to see some stats about running kms averages for our players compared to others. I mentioned the Everton match thread... and that Gil was second in our most run stats at 4.6 km or something.. i think it was just after half time.. and by that stage Everton had 3 players over 5 km. Bit concerning that our most creative player is running harder than the rest of them. Especially the so called defensive three that were playing.

Pretty sure Westwood was top of that stat. Or at least he was when I saw it. Which I think is what you'd expect from a midfield, havig the deeper player running more.

But this just reinforces my belief that the train of thought that Gil doesn't work hard or track back is a myth.

9 hours ago, Woodytom said:

No I agree bit at least he's not trying to pull the wool over our eyes. That shows (in my mind) that he at least has a bit of respect for us and from that I have respect for him. The vast majority of the others can either stand up and be counted or just **** off tbh. I have so little time for these guys atm.

One more thing, what's a CH?

Err Center Half.

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Try posting on villa talk that the players need to stand up and take responsibility......... you don't get anywhere. :D

some of us have been saying these things for some time.

• Like 1

the players will never take responsibility at this club, no matter how much its spouted

it makes no difference to most of the first teamers at this club if we are relegated as they will just go to another club on more money, who of the first team will actually be wiling to stay next season when were in the championship to help us back up?

• Like 1

The debate of whether it would be best if we went down or not is interesting and I guess it would be a split opinion.

on the surface it would be catastrophic for many fans not to mention the owner.

despite my mixed view, I do not want us to go down, but for the life of me I can not see where we are going to break out of this vicious circle in terms of recruitment.

good players do not want to play for us and we do not have the unlimited funds to negate that situation.

players who have had decent reputations but have fallen short I.e Sinclair, Richards are the only ones we can attract and are they just using us to get their reputations back to move on.

we have signed some seemingly foreign talent that is a gamble and on the surface do not look capable of making a suitable effect to win games.

we go to the lower divisions and sign players that are clearly there for a reason, not the ones that have another level of development to offer us.

i see many attributes that our current squad are lacking

I would suspect right now, if you spoke to Remi Garde about our player quality and went on to talk about technical ability.....he would say technical ability is not my major concern right now there are other factors that I am more concerned with.

Todays game will be interesting for me.

It will be interesting to see how the lesser technical sides apply themselves.

i have thought for some time we put too much emphasis on the finer points of the game.....when we can't even get the basics right.

we really do have delusions of grandeur.

ps I think the fan base has changed as football has changed, we was brought up on blood and thunder, right now we could do with a bit.

Edited by TRO

On 27 November 2015 at 09:09:01, Stevo985 said:

Pretty sure Westwood was top of that stat. Or at least he was when I saw it. Which I think is what you'd expect from a midfield, havig the deeper player running more.

But this just reinforces my belief that the train of thought that Gil doesn't work hard or track back is a myth.

There's a difference between tracking back and defending well once you get there though! If you track back and aren't goal side or busting a gut to get there you may aswell stay up front. I think Richards is right it's about the desire to defend to run that much further than the opposition. Against City we worked hard but you need to do it every game and for 90 min. How stats are judged change all the time the new thing is how many high intensity sprints you do in a game something Klopps sides are renowned for apparently but ultimately you need quality and desire something we've lacked. Time to show both today!! 

On 27 November 2015 at 09:09:01, Stevo985 said:

Ireland used to always have the highest running stats but never seemed to work hard. Maybe it's just certain players style. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

The debate of whether it would be best if we went down or not is interesting and I guess it would be a split opinion.

on the surface it would be catastrophic for many fans not to mention the owner.

despite my mixed view, I do not want us to go down, but for the life of me I can not see where we are going to break out of this vicious circle in terms of recruitment.

good players do not want to play for us and we do not have the unlimited funds to negate that situation.

players who have had decent reputations but have fallen short I.e Sinclair, Richards are the only ones we can attract and are they just using us to get their reputations back to move on.

we have signed some seemingly foreign talent that is a gamble and on the surface do not look capable of making a suitable effect to win games.

we go to the lower divisions and sign players that are clearly there for a reason, not the ones that have another level of development to offer us.

i see many attributes that our current squad are lacking

This is a good point. How many relegation battles can a team be in before the inevitable happens. I actually think this is why Garde has been brought in to prevent the cycle of bringing in a manager to keep us up but the keeping him on to see us suffer. Sunderland have suffered from this even more than us. 

If Garde really is the real deal id like to see him see out his contract regardless of what happens. Unless it's blatantly obvious he can't cut it of course.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

the players will never take responsibility at this club, no matter how much its spouted

it makes no difference to most of the first teamers at this club if we are relegated as they will just go to another club on more money, who of the first team will actually be wiling to stay next season when were in the championship to help us back up?

Yeah, it will be interesting to see which guys want to knuckle down and get us back up again. I just have this nasty feeling we'll be down there a while as well. :(

its painful to see how much money has been wasted on buying cheap players because the chairman/board/manager didn't want to spend that little more and dip into the proven premiership quality basket

we could of spent less money on a whole, and players that cost that little bit more which would of put us in a better position, ie, vying for europe

i don't even know where to start the list on players that have been a complete waste of money, there's far too many of them

for Villa as a club, the biggest problem being relegated, is the reputation, small heatheans, the albinos and the dingles will love this

• Like 2

Its going to take a miracle to get out of this now. I think this is the season that the years of mismanagement are going to see us relegated. 

Â