Jump to content
Adblockers - please click ×
Sign in to follow this  
jackbauer24

Relegation Thread Version...99?!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Chelsea's continuing meltdown is the only thing giving me enjoyment in the world of football at present. Bloody hilarious.

If they stick with Jose we might catch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Not like you to totally take out of context what I said.

Actually said - atm. No positives atm. That's atm, while we're bottom with a pathetic 6 points.

 

You keep clinging to your hopeless positives though. 

 

But I haven't taken it out of context at all have I?

You said anybody who can see anything positive is "deluded". 

DDID has pointed out several things that can be viewed as positive, even though the overwhelming feeling at Aston Villa is obviously one of negativity.

I'm not clinging to anything. I am well aware of the dire situation the club is in. But that still doesn't mean that absolutely every single tiny little thing about the club is negative.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness, we've not won a game in 4 months. So I think now is as good a time as any to be overly pessimistic and to "miss" the positives.

I'm going to keep going to the games, safe in the knowledge that we're going to lose, try and suck whatever enjoyment I can from it and look forward to an away trip to Preston next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like its finally our year. Season after season of poor transfers and bad manager appointments have finally caught up with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're done. Football is a word removed of a game.

 

From standing in a pub with entitled, **** Arsenal supporters before the FA Cup final feeling really hopeful about what was to come for our great club, to being thoroughly kicked in the guts this season to the point where we'll probably be the worst statistical team in premier league history.

 

The last 5 years has been a couple of mini false dawns and an ocean full of heartache, shame and embarrassment for us as supporters, as we've watched helplessly while the current regime has reduced our once great club to a pathetic pile of rubble. We, the supporters, didn't deserve any of this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ref didn't give it straight away. I still haven't quite figured out what happened there.

I can't understand why he changed his mind. It's not as if taking a few steps back and waiting a few seconds afforded him some sort of virtual replay. For me he either gives it immediately or not at all. Maybe Walcott's protests got to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, no set of supporters ever 'deserve' relegation. Any more than they deserve promotion or trophies.

Our club is in the middle of a serious identity crisis. The players train in state of the art facilities all week and then turn up to a 40,000+ stadium and can't cope. I sometimes think they'd play with more freedom if they practiced on a boggy field all week and turned up to a stadium like the sty. 

Added to that I have felt absolutely no connection with any of the players for years now. Where are the Mersons who buy into the club? Gabby is nothing but an engineered 'Mr Villa'. He doesn't give a crap. Our players seem to either not want to be here or seem scared to death of how big it is. I don't see any middle ground.

Relegation could be a blessing and if the writing is on the wall then i'd rather it happen early and in spectacular style so we can experiment as soon as possible to see who amongst our squad has the desire, application and ability to get this club back on its feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Really great work Gent!

Any chance of you doing some kind of inspirational one, bit like the Pacino speech in Any given Sunday that was rolled out a while back.

Anything that might filter down to the players, let them now how catastrophic of a disaster it might be to let this happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine if chelsea and us went down and leicetser won the league. whats odds you reckon you would have got on that at start of season? million to 1?

Edited by Demitri_C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have lost all faith but even still we just need a win so badly even if the damage has been done we need to start picking up some decent results just to get more of a winning mentality in the squad because you have to win a hell of a lot of games in the championship to get promoted so we need to be able to take some shred of confidence into that league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relegation means you won't see many Villa streams next season so all you overseas , long distance and stayaway fans are really going to feel it next season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In fairness, we've not won a game in 4 months. So I think now is as good a time as any to be overly pessimistic and to "miss" the positives.

I'm going to keep going to the games, safe in the knowledge that we're going to lose, try and suck whatever enjoyment I can from it and look forward to an away trip to Preston next year.

I am at a loss to know how I am going to watch the remaining games to be honest with you. I am in my 28th year as a season ticket holder and I have obviously never experienced anything like this. When we were last relegated I was 13 years old so it is a distant memory but even that season we were not totally cut adrift and there was still hope going into the last third of the season.

I am resigned to the fact we are going down now but there are still 22 games to play. Sunday was a strange feeling and I found the whole atmosphere in the ground was flat. There was a little bit of booing especially at half time, the crowd got going a little for a brief spell in the second half when we applied some pressure but aside from that the whole atmosphere around the place was one of resignation. There was only 33k on Sunday and I’d imagine crowds will drop off further now and you will even get season ticket holders not going.

I can’t get any enjoyment from just simply watching us with nothing to play for. Even at mid table you can strive still to finish top half or top 8. Every time I see a post on here from someone who still thinks we can stay up I envy them. It is the first time ever as a supporter I have thrown the towel in and it is a horrible feeling.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't go last game and I'll pick and choose the remaining fixtures. It's now stopped being fun for me. There's nothing to get behind and nothing to cheer and the excitements gone because I know full well we aren't going to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't go last game and I'll pick and choose the remaining fixtures. It's now stopped being fun for me. There's nothing to get behind and nothing to cheer and the excitements gone because I know full well we aren't going to win. 

Just stop going all together, your wallet won't be so light and you will discover that Saturdays and Sundays can be quite enjoyable. I didn't even know the Arsenal result until I got to work Monday morning. That's how little I now care about watching the games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am at a loss to know how I am going to watch the remaining games to be honest with you. I am in my 28th year as a season ticket holder and I have obviously never experienced anything like this. When we were last relegated I was 13 years old so it is a distant memory but even that season we were not totally cut adrift and there was still hope going into the last third of the season.

I am resigned to the fact we are going down now but there are still 22 games to play. Sunday was a strange feeling and I found the whole atmosphere in the ground was flat. There was a little bit of booing especially at half time, the crowd got going a little for a brief spell in the second half when we applied some pressure but aside from that the whole atmosphere around the place was one of resignation. There was only 33k on Sunday and I’d imagine crowds will drop off further now and you will even get season ticket holders not going.

I can’t get any enjoyment from just simply watching us with nothing to play for. Even at mid table you can strive still to finish top half or top 8. Every time I see a post on here from someone who still thinks we can stay up I envy them. It is the first time ever as a supporter I have thrown the towel in and it is a horrible feeling.

I threw the towel in while lambert was still in charge. Him, and the hated Sky, totally ruined it for me. Couldn't put up with any more of Lambert's shockingly bad and bad-record-breaking football. This after being a regular since 1976, and having first attended around 1969.

And to be honest I don't even miss it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I threw the towel in while lambert was still in charge. Him, and the hated Sky, totally ruined it for me. Couldn't put up with any more of Lambert's shockingly bad and bad-record-breaking football. This after being a regular since 1976, and having first attended around 1969.

And to be honest I don't even miss it.

Pete (Blandy) wrote something similar the other day about how he had lost interest years ago and it’s a little sad to read really. I know how passionate you used to be about us Rob and to think you've lost that after so many years is sad. I never thought I would feel that way but when the owner of the club doesn't give a toss, or his actions suggest that, and then you have players swanning around the pitch putting nothing like 100% commitment in then that is what it’s drove me to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, no set of supporters ever 'deserve' relegation. Any more than they deserve promotion or trophies.

Our club is in the middle of a serious identity crisis. The players train in state of the art facilities all week and then turn up to a 40,000+ stadium and can't cope. I sometimes think they'd play with more freedom if they practiced on a boggy field all week and turned up to a stadium like the sty. 

Added to that I have felt absolutely no connection with any of the players for years now. Where are the Mersons who buy into the club? Gabby is nothing but an engineered 'Mr Villa'. He doesn't give a crap. Our players seem to either not want to be here or seem scared to death of how big it is. I don't see any middle ground.

Relegation could be a blessing and if the writing is on the wall then i'd rather it happen early and in spectacular style so we can experiment as soon as possible to see who amongst our squad has the desire, application and ability to get this club back on its feet.

Getting relegated is football.

5 consecutive seasons like we've had is soul destroying.

The state of our club on field is a direct result of sustained and deliberate neglect from the owner.

For a club of our stature, with over 100 seasons in the top flight and having won a European Championship to be not just going down, but to be on track for the worst season in Premier League history, is an incredible effort. We aren't Wolves or Derby. We're Aston **** Villa. We don't automatically deserve success, but we don't deserve to have gone from consecutive 6ths to a cautionary tale in a few short years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Pete (Blandy) wrote something similar the other day about how he had lost interest years ago and it’s a little sad to read really. I know how passionate you used to be about us Rob and to think you've lost that after so many years is sad. I never thought I would feel that way but when the owner of the club doesn't give a toss, or his actions suggest that, and then you have players swanning around the pitch putting nothing like 100% commitment in then that is what it’s drove me to.

 

Under Elllis we had pissed off fans and an owner we wanted out.  Someof the people on here, Rob,  you,  Peter,  even myself still went to games.  It says a lot about lerner that under him we have decided to give it neck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â