Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am just hoping newcastle dont come down along with us, we need the likes of bournmouth and norwich to come down with us so we have a better chance of coming back. anyone who thinks we are staying up, sorry sadly your going to be disappointed. like collymore said yesterday no guts, no fight no passion. how can these losers save us?

we need to rebuild YET AGAIN. most of these french players will leave once we go down, none will want to stay so thankfully we hopefully have to endure this crap again next season. 

We'll be enduring this crap all the way to League 2 if Randy and his gang of merry men are still running the club.

Nothing will ever change until he is gone.

The fans in the second half when he attacked and bad a few efforts got behind the team ...

The fans are like the players mentally exhusted , loss after loss after loss our home record over the last 4 years is shambolic..how 30k plus still turn up I dont know

Whats annoying me now

1) I told you so...the media muppets who say told you shoulda stuck with Tim etc ..newsflash he would of done no better than Garde and is a big reason for the current mess.

2) Just how many good goals have we conceded ..from my memory the goals we concede are self inflicted or just inept defending ..whats worse this has been going on since Lambert took over.How different formations ,players,Tactics ,coaches and managers can still have the same end result is just baffling

Garde I like but from reports his Lyon team werent solid at the back maybe thats why we sounded out Round as a coach, eitherway if we could be more solid we would at least give ourselves a chance.Take Spurs and Arsenal we lost those games within 10 mins with some of the most pathetic defending ur likely to see at any level.

Only chance now is to score first ..we concede first against Newcastle its all over ..other hope is now every team will expect to beat us so them being complecient will help us

58 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Please don't presume to tell me what I'm thinking.

It's based on a lot more reasoning than that but I refuse to debate my arguments with a few people who only post for effect. Like I said, we'll soon see.

It'll be over come 7:30pm next Saturday 

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

We'll be enduring this crap all the way to League 2 if Randy and his gang of merry men are still running the club.

Nothing will ever change until he is gone.

I think thats bit drastic to be honest mate, dont see us falling to those levels but the danger is becoming a leeds or forest. hopefully the club will be easier to sell once we go down simpy because the price will drop and the money that new owners would receive if we were promoted again with new TV deal with be mental

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think thats bit drastic to be honest mate, dont see us falling to those levels but the danger is becoming a leeds or forest. hopefully the club will be easier to sell once we go down simpy because the price will drop and the money that new owners would receive if we were promoted again with new TV deal with be mental

I don't think its drastic. If Randy remains in charge we'll continue to sink because he doesn't know what he is doing.

First thing Randy will do if/when we get relegated is work out that we can operate in a lower league on a lower budget with an even more random selection of even less well matched squad players.

He's a financial and tactical **** genius.

The only way I can see us coming straight back up is by him plowing a significant amount of money into transfers and then hoping to recoup that if we get back up. The second option is rolling the dice this January.

I just think he is desperate not to lose anymore money and get back as much as he can. I'm sure his only thought process will be weighing up which option is the most likely to do this. We'll find out in January I guess.

I think We are down, this team is rivalling the 86/87 team in terms of ineptitude, and is probably worse. I was only young at that time of the 86/87 relegation, and that team caused me no end of pain at school, and this season will be damaging our youngsters support of the club for years to come. I also do not see us coming back anytime soon if we continue along this road, we are showing no sign of improvement or any hopoe of sparking into life.

Our slim chance of survival is we winning by hook or crook against Newcastle, and then following that up with another win or two on the bounce and hope to build from there. Leicester weren't suddenly blowing teams away, they had a turn of luck which they built on and have not looked back since. We have not done that, and that is something we need to do, and need to do now.

PS. I don't blame Remi for this situation, I just think we recruited badly over the summer. Some players may come good over time, but too many new faces at once has left us like a bunch of strangers who need time to get to know each other. A lot of these guys are adapting to a new league which is physically on a whole different world to what they are used to, and the results combined with that has killed our confidence. The PL is an unforgiving league, and we don't have time for these players to get to know what is required at this level.

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am looking forward to seeing if Okore and Richards can strike up a partnership.

I keep seeing people post this but theyre both right-sided. PErsonally I dont see it working. Which one of them do you see playing on the left?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I keep saying that I don't think the left/right sided centreback thing matters as much as people think it does.

Fair enough, but from experience I think it does make a difference. In fact I think it's easier to switch from RB to LB than to switch from LCB to RCB.  I think that Clark or Lescott will play with Richards when all fit.  Perhaps Okore could be fitted in as a holding midfielder, patroling in front of the defence or in one to the FB positions

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Fair enough, but from experience I think it does make a difference. In fact I think it's easier to switch from RB to LB than to switch from LCB to RCB.  I think that Clark or Lescott will play with Richards when all fit.  Perhaps Okore could be fitted in as a holding midfielder, patroling in front of the defence or in one to the FB positions

It makes a difference, but not enough of a difference to justify keeping out an obviously better centre half over another just because they're more suited to that side.

Now that might not be the case for us. But hypothetically, if Okore made the right side his own, I absolutely would not be in favour of having Lescott or Clark in there over Richards just because they're more suited to that side.

A good centreback can play both sides.

First thing Randy will do if/when we get relegated is work out that we can operate in a lower league on a lower budget with an even more random selection of even less well matched squad players.

He's a financial and tactical **** genius.

I would just like to change the word 'genius' to 'clearing in the woods' to make sense of your post.

We do seem to be punished more than most.  Doesn't help that when you're down there you tend not to get the decisions.  I mean I know Hutton tugged at Walcott but it was to an extent that I've seen let go on several occasions, but nope, we concede the penalty.

We have less than nothing to lose we are so far behind now safety safety is not even an option for me

If we are going down and going to be shit we may as well give the fans something to get excited about

For me front 6 would be

Gana------------Westwood

--------Veretout

Traore----------Gil

---------Ayew

• Like 1

I guess this is probably for another thread but I really do question some of our players 'footballing IQs'. I agree that those decisions can sometimes go either way but I've got no idea what Hutton is even thinking about there. I think it would have taken some finish to beat Guzan from the angle Walcott was getting himself into.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I guess this is probably for another thread but I really do question some of our players 'footballing IQs'. I agree that those decisions can sometimes go either way but I've got no idea what Hutton is even thinking about there. I think it would have taken some finish to beat Guzan from the angle Walcott was getting himself into.

Hutton must have a footballing IQ of about 10. All heart and no brain.

Â