Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

It's over , good luck to fans going to Newcastle next week you are both going to see us lose and take a shit load of abuse from the Newcastle fans 

We are miles below everyone else in what is a competative league , we are literally the only team in 20 who can't get a result ..embarrassing.On one hand we don't have to suffer a last day relegation on the other it means we have months and months of just waiting, defeat after defeat and becoming a **** laughing stock.

• Like 2

That Newcastle goal is another nail in our coffin. I don't see that as a winnable game now, given that they have beaten Liverpool and Spurs on the bounce.

Its still very early, but every week we aren't winning and some of the teams above us are, so we are now falling too far behind. Prior to Watford I thought we were still in it, but the last 3 sets of results have been a real killer.

Anything other than 9 points from the next 4 games and I will accept our fate. Might aswell just accept it now.

I will keep my fingers crossed until the end of January and hope we can pick up a few wins against lesser teams than Arsenal and buy a few good players in the positions we need strengthening. If we give it a go then fine but even if we don't and we get relegated I won't blame Garde and I certainly won't lose any sleep or shed any tears because at least it will hit Lerner severely in the pocket. We will come back as always and will be around long after Lerner has gone.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Difference is when teams sit back against us like Arsenal did today we can't do anything, pretty much every other club in this league has better players or a system to get out the best of the attacking players than us.

We don't really try to though do we. Even at two down today aside from a 15 minute spell in the second half, and f**k all to lose, we didn't really go for it. The substitutions were too late and like for like in terms of formation.

We have needed to get a win for weeks. We have though set up both in formation and personnel to contain the opposition. We don't press teams instead choosing to let them have the ball until they get in to our own half. The whole tempo of our play is negative.

This season has shown that the better teams can be beaten non more so than the last couple of weeks with Bournemouth winning against Chelsea and Man Utd, Newcastle against Liverpool and Spurs and West Brom against Arsenal and Liverpool. We started the game with no intensity today simply resigned to defeat.

We are a gutless shambles and anyone pinning their hopes on winning 3 or 4 games over the next three weeks has sadly gone way beyond wishful thinking and is completely letting their hearts rule their heads. We are finished.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think what this season has shown is how good Benteke actually is as a footballer.  He pretty much kept us up every season he was here.  Put Delph in this Villa team and it would be no different,  put Benteke in it and we would have a chance of winning any game.  

You realise Benteke has stunk up the place in Liverpool this season and fans want him dropped?

We should have gone for it when we were fortunate enough to be level against Southampton. We should have made attacking changes at half time today. Instead we seem to be plummeting to the championship without really trying to win games.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think what this season has shown is how good Benteke actually is as a footballer.  He pretty much kept us up every season he was here.  Put Delph in this Villa team and it would be no different,  put Benteke in it and we would have a chance of winning any game.  

As much as I hate him, I disagree. Delph would walk in to this team and provide both a lot more bite and a lot more drive. He'd not lose the ball as easily as Sanchez and Veretout, and he'd offer more attacking assistance than them too. He'd feed Ayew. In fact as much as I don't really rate our strikeforce, I think Ayew and one of Gabby, Sinclair or even Traore would be good enough if we had any midfield whatsoever. Benteke is obviously far superior but it's the midfield that lets us own defensively and in attack. They offer nothing.

• Like 2

I remember Wigan being the turd that wouldn't flush until one day the were.  We are now the turd that wouldn't flush and now our day has come.  It is what that stupid, ignorant prick of owner deserves but unfortunately it is the people who really care about this club who will get hurt the most. 

On the one hand, I will be happy to see that fcuking idiot make a huge loss on us.  On the other hand, it will be very  sad to see us go! 

I like Garde but bringing him into a relegation battle is quickly looking a bad choice , infact the whole purchasing strategy was a bad choice. We brought in players who would in a mid table team would improve it , with our bunch of cloggers they have come into a mess.

We have got the perfect combination of good inexperienced players and shit experienced players.We have midfield which has what ,50 league appearances between them backed up with players like Hutton , Richardson and Lescott. 

It's shambolic 

Edited by Nabby

Â