Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Not long back from VP and I am not sure how it came across on the tele but at the game I was under no illusions that Arsenal didn't have to get out of second gear today. Our effort and desire in the first half for me was pathetic and at times we play as though we are totally oblivious to the fact we are in deep trouble. A lack of ability I will forgive but a lack of effort and desire is unforgivable and too many in that first half failed to put a real shift in and give their all.

I had virtually no belief before the game that we could stay up and nothing I saw today gave me any more hope that we could. We need to win 3 of the next 4 to give us any hope and the chances of that happening are sadly non existent for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Not long back from VP and I am not sure how it came across on the tele but at the game I was under no illusions that Arsenal didn't have to get out of second gear today. Our effort and desire in the first half for me was pathetic and at times we play as though we are totally oblivious to the fact we are in deep trouble. A lack of ability I will forgive but a lack of effort and desire is unforgivable and too many in that first half failed to put a real shift in and give their all.

I had virtually no belief before the game that we could stay up and nothing I saw today gave me any more hope that we could. We need to win 3 of the next 4 to give us any hope and the chances of that happening are sadly non existent for me.

On the contrary mate, it looked to me that they not only realise the fact we are in deep trouble, that they have actually already accepted relegation. We look like a side now resigned for the drop. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

On the contrary mate, it looked to me that they not only realise the fact we are in deep trouble, that they have actually already accepted relegation. We look like a side now resigned for the drop. 

Perhaps you are right mate but the end result is the same. A lack of desire and will to give their all to drag us out of this shit. In fairness in the second half we put more of a shift in but Arsenal had another 3 or 4 gears to go through had they have needed to.

Edited by markavfc40

Arsenal gave us the ball in 2nd half and we offered nothing as movement was shocking and only person ever wanting get on ball and do something was Ayew and Hutton 

we are down with a disgraceful squad who sadly wont even be picked off next season as so shit

• Like 3

Anything less than a win isnt positive. I dont care if Traore had a decent 5 minutes, or that Veretout's passing was above 90%, or that we were decent second half or that Guzan's dog had a successful **** kidney operation. Wins, not draws are positive however they come about (or not as the case is atm).

Completely accepted relegation now and although I don't like the idea I think it's essential. Don't think we will ever be able to build up confidence to be any sort of solid PL team whilst in the PL. Think a season in the championship could be what the club needs. Think we could build team spirit, identity and confidences amongst the squad in the championship. Only if learner leaves and we suddely got millions to spend can that be achieved in the premier leauge, and evan then that depends on who amd how the money is spent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Because spuds were utter gash in the second half.

Difference is when teams sit back against us like Arsenal did today we can't do anything, pretty much every other club in this league has better players or a system to get out the best of the attacking players than us.

• Like 2

Â