Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Are we shit ..pretty much but we have no luck ..watford we concede 3 goals all from some kind of deflection 

This week we get a draw and Bournemouth and Newcastle get wins out of no where 

Errm, we've created our own bad luck, Watford was a defensive catastrophe and yesterday we gave Southampton far too many chances, and as a result gave them a ridiculously soft goal. 

• Like 2

newcastle were pretty shit, gave the ball away loads, couldnt get anything going. They benefited hugely from an own goal and a terrible decision from the linesman at the other end.

However, every single one of their players scrapped, battled and puts the yards in, and that can get you results when you are stuck down the bottom.

Apart from a few exceptions, i don't see our players doing those things.

Edited by andym

Agreed can't blame other sides we have many opportunities but our team of losers have blown it time and time again. Like Richards said a load of these players will leave when we go down so it will be the fans who suffer

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Errm, we've created our own bad luck, Watford was a defensive catastrophe and yesterday we gave Southampton far too many chances, and as a result gave them a ridiculously soft goal. 

Luck was Southampton missing three open goals in the first 20 minutes surely?

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Newcastle are an horrendous team, but they battled and were more solid than we could ever be. They had the bottle to get the job done, we don't have the bottle to see out results. 

That and Liverpool being utterly shit today.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Think your holding on to unrealistic hopes. We are gone we hAd a opportunity yesterday and yet again we blew it. We deserve to go down, they are just little men that don't deserve to wear the shirt

Its not unrealistic - its a fact - we are in no worse a position than we were at the start of the day - we need 3 wins more than the other 5 teams down there to get out of this.

Its not looking good, but I refuse to implode over a result that doesn't change our position too much. If we get battered by Arsenal next week, and the other teams above us win, then we are in further trouble and I will need to vent!

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are people talking about yesterday like that's what is going to relegate us.

It was a good point away at a decent side.

We're not going down because we drew at Southampton.

It's like some completely dismiss the awful start we had under Sherwood.

Mind boggling.

We need to sort ourselves out before we worry about what everyone else is doing, yesterday was a good point and a point more than everyone else was expecting, next week hasn't changed either IMO, "must win" not for me, I'd take a point right now, it's the four games after that where the pressure is cranked up, if we beat Newcastle in 2 weeks time then this weekend won't seem as bad, get some points vs West Ham and then beat Norwich and Sunderland then we can go in to jan with a bit of hope

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It's like some completely dismiss the awful start we had under Sherwood.

Mind boggling.

He should of been binned earlier , the Chelsea and Swansea games were very winnable keeping him and dropping more points has compounded our issues.

Edited by Nabby

Just now, Nabby said:

He should of been binned earlier , the Chelsea and Swansea games were very winnable keeping him and dropping more points as compounded our issues.

If i remember correctly there was an international break too in there somewhere which was the perfect opportunity to get rid of him.

The reason we are going down is not because of some draw against Southampton despite what people say it's because we kept the clown too long.

We need to sort ourselves out before we worry about what everyone else is doing, yesterday was a good point and a point more than everyone else was expecting, next week hasn't changed either IMO, "must win" not for me, I'd take a point right now, it's the four games after that where the pressure is cranked up, if we beat Newcastle in 2 weeks time then this weekend won't seem as bad, get some points vs West Ham and then beat Norwich and Sunderland then we can go in to jan with a bit of hope

Agreed.

Forget about everybody else. Concentrate on our own form.

If we can continue improving and pick up some wins in our run starting in a couple of weeks then we've got half a chance.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

See I don't get this.

I didn't see us accepting a point. We were trying to attack at both 1-0 and 1-1.

No it wasn't all out attack. But if we'd done that and end up losing then everyone would be on Garde's back for throwing away the point.

I can't speak for others but I wouldn't. A point does nothing for us. 

We took off a striker for a holding midfield player once they scored. I didn't think that showed the sort of attacking intent we require in games like that.

17 minutes ago, Nabby said:

He should of been binned earlier

Perhaps but it wasn't too late. There were 28 games to go when he was sacked. We were 2 points behind both Newcastle and Sunderland, 4 behind Bournemouth, 5 behind Norwich. We were in trouble but it wasn't a lost cause and at that stage I thought we had a chance of staying up.

We now have a handful of games less to play and are now 6 points from the team above us and 8 from safety and sadly I don't think we have any chance of staying up. That pessimism isn't down to Garde as it is too early to judge him it is simply down to a realization that after 15 games this squad has now shown itself to simply not be good enough.

For me serious questions need to be asked as to regards our recruitment policy over the summer as quite clearly despite spending 50 odd mill too many of these players are way below Prem league standard.

• Like 2

Â