Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm starting to feel, with a huge amount of retrospective that it was a mistake to sack Sherwood.

At the time it made sense, he was a bad fit, however I can't help think that the upheaval hasn't helped the team at all. As bad as we were playing, I think it's worse now.

And the straw that broke the camels back, the Leicester game wasn't such a travesty after all, with hindsight.

Garde was the wrong man for the time and his record was unforgivably bad. That's not to say it was entirely his fault though.

Again, hindsight. But that's my thoughts.

Next manager. Moyes, give him what he wants. Let him change everything at the club. He's got a good record in the transfer market and will make us organised and hard to beat. I think he'll get us promoted and set us up as a midtable PL team. Like we were before. That would be lovely.

It really was. I know Leicester are doing extraordinarily well this season (although it's worth pointing out that they'd drawn their 2 previous games before they played us) but it was absolutely unforgivable the way the team collapsed after we went 2-0 up and Sherwood's subs were just ridiculous. That game just showcased how mentally pathetic this group of words removed are. I mean, Leicester's winning goal came from a header from one of the shortest **** players in the league.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

It really was. I know Leicester are doing extraordinarily well this season (although it's worth pointing out that they'd drawn their 2 previous games before they played us) but it was absolutely unforgivable the way the team collapsed after we went 2-0 up and Sherwood's subs were just ridiculous. That game just showcased how mentally pathetic this group of words removed are. I mean, Leicester's winning goal came from a header from one of the shortest **** players in the league.

Couldn't agree more, I look back at this as the game that broke us for the remainder of the season (confidence wise). Why we haven't been able to correct that I don't know, but I think it was the last time we played anything half decent.

The subs were mind blowing, bringing on 2 strikers while we were winning and obviously starting to struggle!

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Norwich-Sunderland is the 12.45pm kick off next weekend so we'll be relegated before 3pm.

So actually were relegated now because mathematically it is out of our hands?

Someone needs to tell SSN etc so they can put a red R bar across our name.  

Edited by supernova26

2 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

BBC said as long as Norwich avoid defeat in that game.

So a Sunderland win and it would be another two hour wait. 

That's if Sunderland don't win tomorrow anyway.

5 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

15 points behind Norwich, 15 points to play for. And a -19 goal difference to make up. Mathematically we're not relegated yet, but it's a foregone conclusion.

4 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

15 points behind Norwich, 15 points to play for. And a -19 goal difference to make up. Mathematically we're not relegated yet, but it's a foregone conclusion.

Well done. 

The goal difference would take care of itself if we were to pull that off btw it would automatically be a minimum -9 us winning 5 and them losing 5.

Edited by supernova26

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

So no new manager announcements next week then.

There won't be either way.  Brian Little said earlier today that they haven't even spoken to a candidate yet, they have only drawn up a list.

That's what they want you to believe...

In all seriousness I obviously don't know but I'm not sure why people are expecting someone to be brought in to add their name to this utter disaster of a season, it'll all be done in the summer

• Like 1

I see no advantage in waiting.  We need to give the next coach every chance to plan and prepare for next season, to get the measure of the problem, to sound out any possible signings.  I don't want the first interaction with the players to be when they come back for preseason training.  We should know everything we want to achieve over the summer before it begins.  I thought maybe we already knew who we wanted before we got rid of Garde, but we as a club seem very relaxed about this whole process.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I see every advantage in waiting, why would any manager want his name attached to this team and this record? If he came in tomorrow and lost the next 5 games what would the point in that be?

They don't have to appoint him, but they might want to suggest that they can take over in the summer and start planning now.  Sign a contract now that starts the employment in the summer.  Negotiate, find out who is even interested in doing it, make the long list a short list, just do something.  I'm not saying appoint him today, but for the love of god how have we not even spoken to anyone about the possibility yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said, that's what they want you to believe ;)

They have had me convinced for years now that no one knows what they are doing at Villa Park.  I'm lapping up that sales pitch like a fat kid at a cake festival.  they really don't need to keep ramming that message down my throat. 

I can't wait for the big reveal when the roll out Mourinho and go "ah ha! and you guys thought we were ballsing this all up, it was actually a massive bait and switch so we could prepare the way for the biggest scoop in Championship football."

Â