Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Over in the Sanchez thread there are a few posts (which I agree with) saying that Sanchez should be the first name on the team sheet, on account (amongst other things) that he is the only physical presence we have, our team are to week. 

It's for this reason that I would be terribly pessimistic about our chances of success in Championship should we go down. If the PL is to tough for many of our squad, the Championship would be painful to watch, we would be ripped apart.

We need to stay up, the Watford game will go a long way making my mind up I think. 

Interesting quote from Micah

“There’s a few good players in the team and they’re probably thinking, ‘If Villa get relegated I’ll get a move in the summer’ – but it doesn’t work like that any more. They’ve got a massive chance at Villa, a club with great tradition and great facilities, and we need to realize the situation we’re in now"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12019414/Micah-Richards-Too-many-Aston-Villa-players-are-not-willing-to-run-the-extra-yard.html

I wonder which players he's alluding to probably another indication of why were going to get relegated

Edited by AshVilla

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Interesting quote from Micah

“There’s a few good players in the team and they’re probably thinking, ‘If Villa get relegated I’ll get a move in the summer’ – but it doesn’t work like that any more. They’ve got a massive chance at Villa, a club with great tradition and great facilities, and we need to realize the situation we’re in now"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12019414/Micah-Richards-Too-many-Aston-Villa-players-are-not-willing-to-run-the-extra-yard.html

I wonder which players he's alluding to probably another indication of why were going down.

Try posting on villa talk that the players need to stand up and take responsibility......... you don't get anywhere. :D

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Wow micahs comments are honest and refreshing and quite concerning. No way these players will keep us up. Our captain has no faith in them.

Very refreshing. What I want to hear from the captain when it's clear as day they're taking the piss.

Not the usual 'it's about to click' bollocks he comes out with. 

His honesty still doesn't change the fact that as a CH he is a major part of the problem, he's just not a good CH.

He's passable covering but he's a RB. If the club captain can't do the right thing by the club then we have no chance.

The Watford game will not ease anything imo, lose and no doubt VP and this forum will be very dark places but a win won't convince anybody that this squad is good enough.

Personally unless by some miracle Gardè manages to find another Benteke during January I just don't see how a squad full of player's not of Premier League standard are going to turn this around.

1 minute ago, SeanO said:

His honesty still doesn't change the fact that as a CH he is a major part of the problem, he's just not a good CH.

He's passable covering but he's a RB. If the club captain can't do the right thing by the club then we have no chance.

The Watford game will not ease anything imo, lose and no doubt VP and this forum will be very dark places but a win won't convince anybody that this squad is good enough.

Personally unless by some miracle Gardè manages to find another Benteke during January I just don't see how a squad full of player's not of Premier League standard are going to turn this around.

No I agree bit at least he's not trying to pull the wool over our eyes. That shows (in my mind) that he at least has a bit of respect for us and from that I have respect for him. The vast majority of the others can either stand up and be counted or just **** off tbh. I have so little time for these guys atm.

One more thing, what's a CH?

RIchards has been one of our best players this season.

Which granted isn't saying much, but he's been fine as a centre back so far.

Players really are only as good as their last game on here :)

• Like 1

anyone take Vlaar till the end of the season?

Experience......... his injury would be a concern. Adebayor? I really do wonder how much funds we have. We cant afford to gamble.. so who would we buy with experience that would come long term? Some loans?

Unfortunately i think alot of the players are not going to take like Gardes methods (because their lazy).. seems like Houllier all over again. Massive issues at this club. He needs to find the cause and get rid of it. Gabby? sent him away?

Fark we need to beat Watford.

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im more worried about what players think they will get a transfer to a Premier League club after their performances so far this season

Deluded ones. Personally I think some of them are in for a rude surprise in July when knights in shining armour turn out to be thin on the ground, and then another rude surprise in August as they begin a 46-game regular season where they expectation will be to win every game. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Deluded ones. Personally I think some of them are in for a rude surprise in July when knights in shining armour turn out to be thin on the ground, and then another rude surprise in August as they begin a 46-game regular season where they expectation will be to win every game. 

He also mentions that no one wants to take the blame for it, which suggests an awful lot of players think 'I'm doing really well and if I was in a better team I d be killing it these numpties are dragging me down'. I reckon that probably applies to a good chunk of our team, and sadly the newer players like veretout and gana. Gana s first interview he was talking about using villa to get a move to a big club and veretout says he s been happy with his performances so far. Then there s Grealish with his hands in the air all the time. That's 3 of the starting 11 right off the bat 

He claims you need players with "premier league experience" to go over and beyond, can't say the players we got over the summer with PL experience are pulling up any trees and they seem more culpable to me for this position with their errors. That interview isn't something I expect from a club captain before a big game either. I notice he doesn't mention his own performances in the piece, can't say I'm surprised. 

Â