• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Referee's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Midfield was sloppy for most of the first half then ball-watched for most of the second. Problem with playing both Gil and Grealish is that neither of them track back as well as they should and lack the pace to go with their man. 

Still, we got ourselves a two-goal buffer with a couple of sublime goals, and then Sherwood shits the bed.

Veretout for Gil would have been perfectly acceptable and even Rudy for Gabby I was okay with, but Ayew for Gil was just disastrous and you'd almost report Sherwood for match fixing over that. 

• Like 1

Sherwood is an absolute disgrace. Constantly his god awful **** subs are costing us valuable points. It's getting beyond a joke. Anyone with half a brain knew once we were 2 up bring on a midfielder but Ayew and **** Gestede?! I'm furious. Absolutely disgraceful. 

I genuinely believe that Jordan Ayew is the worst player we have signed since Bosko Balaban. Aside from that, it was so obvious from the 46th minute that's we'd lose the game. The second goal just prolonged the inevitable. Shocking. 

Edited by One For The Road

This isn't reactionary, I've been saying it since September 1st, Villa are going down.

Bits of brilliance from players doesn't disguise the fact the team as a whole doesn't work well together. We offer little collective threat going forward, the midfield is too light weight and the defence constantly bottle it. How many goals is that we've let in during the last five to ten minutes? I also don't see a solid Sherwood plan, he's chopping and changing and doesn't know what to do, and his substitutions are either wrong or way too late. 

5 games in, very few difficult games, one win against a newly promoted team, draw against Sunderland at home who will be the leagues whipping boys, letting a two goal slip against Leicester. We have no striker and Sinclair, who is our closest thing to one, is hot and cold.

Fantastic finish from Grealish today but if we're honest he didn't have a great game and him, Gil, Bacuna are all luxury players and unlikely to all be firing on the same day which instantly puts you at a disadvantage. Gabby is only use as a sub, Ayew and Gestede are going to need a lot of time.

4 points from our opening fixtures is pathetic frankly. We may get better as players bed in but it will be too little too late and no doubt injuries will start to build too.

I have zero faith we are magically going to improve due to time or the will of hopeful Villa fans. Very annoyed, it was obvious from thd second half kick off that we weren't going to get anything from this game.

Fortunately there will be no tension of whether we stay up or get relegated this season as it'll be obvious by early April.

• Like 1

Only the Villa can do this. Nightmare 15 mins under pressure for Bacuna after the penalty appeal 5 year contract? Seriously? Guzan at fault for the 3rd goal, Sanchez from looking imposing to treading water in the last ten minutes and it all started from that ridiculous substitution - introducing a bloke who was so far off the pace he would have struggled in a game in the conference. This should have been a great result reflecting on two great goals from the midfield. Thanks Tim.

It almost feels like Sherwood has decided the substitutions before the game. Hmm..Ayew deserves a chance today, and Gil needs to be taken off because he's been out. Maybe Gestede and Hutton in the end. Yeah, I'll go with that today.

• Like 1

Sherwood is still inexperienced as a manger. I hope he will learn a lot from that turnaround.

We need to learn how to slow down games and keep possession when the opposition is rampant like that. It doesn't help dropping all outfield players deep and giving the ball away as soon as we have it. It just invites more pressure leading to every one 'knowing' the goals will come and panicking.

• Like 1

It almost feels like Sherwood has decided the substitutions before the game. Hmm..Ayew deserves a chance today, and Gil needs to be taken off because he's been out. Maybe Gestede and Hutton in the end. Yeah, I'll go with that today.

This is exactly the impression I get every time he makes a sub.

Another pathetic capitulation. The players have (mostly) changed, the manager has changed, the coaching staff has changed, the tactics and style of play have changed, but the one remaining constant is the abject collapse late in the game when we go a goal behind.

• Like 1