Week 1 - Steelers wheel

StefanAVFC

Might be handy if some of our US friends posted which American channels the games are on, so we can watch other than Sky...y'know? ;)

I've never known anyone hate a network so much!

Can't stand how they've removed my interest for our football, that and Lambert.

Anyway I get it for free now with the firestick but I'm watching NBC's coverage tonight

What did Sky do exactly? I'm a bit confused.

haha...**** up football for old farts like me that used to like saturday 3pm kick offs, and ruined everything for everyone bar the Sky darlings.

I imagine the top 4 are probably most pissed off. Without Sky, the glass ceiling is basically impenetrable as they have CL money and everyone else has no money. Sky just gives everyone roughly the same, so buying sensibly gives you an outside shot at least.

I do much prefer the Saturday 3pm kick offs though!

Think that pick should do it.

Damn your statistics, sir!

I have not seen the game yet . Did he fluff some ?

Missed his first two FG attempts, 41 and 44 - ish yards

Yikes. He is usually super reliable. I can only put that down to debut nerves or an excellent Pats special teams. 

An article on the Steelers’ website says that the audio communications problems started and stopped repeatedly — always stopping when a league official came down to the sideline to deal with the matter, then starting up again when the league official left the sideline area.

“This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time,” the article said. “From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.”

:crylaugh:

An article on the Steelers’ website says that the audio communications problems started and stopped repeatedly — always stopping when a league official came down to the sideline to deal with the matter, then starting up again when the league official left the sideline area.

“This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time,” the article said. “From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.”

:crylaugh:

"An article on the Steelers website"

I can't see the Steelers coming out with something like that if there was no basis for it. It'd be pretty simple to find out anyway, ask any official if they were called over - if they were then there's pretty obvious truth to it.

I think what's more telling is apparently Del Rio had his teams practice without headsets going in to New England because it's not a one off thing.

The league really need to control all the balls, headsets, etc to stop all of this nonsense. Putting them in the hands of teams is asking for trouble.

Â