Weekends Football 11/13 September

andykeenan

Proof that even if every Premier league side spends 200m each summer, there's only so many decent players in world football to buy, there's a lot more gambles and punts.

Someone like Clyne is a good player but he's not going to turn you into title winners. Still costs 20m though.

Proof that even if every Premier league side spends 200m each summer, there's only so many decent players in world football to buy, there's a lot more gambles and punts.

Someone like Clyne is a good player but he's not going to turn you into title winners. Still costs 20m though.

I'm sure he cost around 12m?

Just me that still loves Benteke? :(

I find myself wanting Benteke to succeed. Strange.

why not though? he kept us up every season he was at villa and he never got arsy with us about wanting to move. hes a top player who was destined for bigger things, i for one wish him luck and will not boo him.

• Like 2

And now we know why we couldn't get him. Not the goal, the potential £60 million it will have cost to get him.

I could be wrong, but i think he actually was available for around £15m, but seems no one stumped up the dough. Martil pens a new contract and then Man U need a deadline signing, and et voila...

And now we know why we couldn't get him. Not the goal, the potential £60 million it will have cost to get him.

I could be wrong, but i think he actually was available for around £15m, but seems no one stumped up the dough. Martil pens a new contract and then Man U need a deadline signing, and et voila...

Oh really? Sherwood out then. The useless tit. :P

• Like 1

Â