Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

I never play as Villa and normally start in league 2 but I forgot that the Beta is no longer a 6 month only deal and Im 8th with Villa with 8 games to go. I dont know whether ill start a new game when the full version is released.

Ins:

Kristofer Olsson - £2,3 million from FC Midtjylland

Ludwig Augustinsson - £2.4 million - FC Kobenhavn

Outs: 

Agbonlahor - £7 millionto - Monaco

Senderos £1 million - Besiktas. 

Grealish is unhappy and wants to go to Chelsea. Gestede is absolutely terrible.

Gave up on Villa, absolutely infuriating, a few injuries and the team gets so bad.

I thought I'd done well on transfers out:

Gabby £9.75m Monaco

Zoggy £5m Palace

Senderos £1.5 Fenerbache

Richardson £1 Burnley

Ayew was good, Gestede was bad. 

What have they decided the potential of our summer signings is? How does it look like Amavi, Veretout and Adama will develop? I was excited about a villa save in the summer but kinda suspect that after our start the players might have been downgraded.

Apart from Adama none of our summer signings were ever that highly rated on last years game. Probably between 140-150 potential for most of them.

I guess that comes down to what you think a good PA number is. Personally I think 150 and above is usually a good sign for a top division player.

That's what I was asking.

I haven't picked up the beta as still running a villa save (from a manual transfer update) on fm15. 

I'm slightly worried that their PAs will not be as high as they were going to be due to how poor our start has been.

Amavi looks good IMO. He's much better then he was on FM15. Been rejecting offers of £25m-30m for him. He's not one of the best LB in the game, but he doesn't really have any weaknesses and is quite good going forward. His PA? Probably 150+

Traore plays very well for me. He's all about pace as to be expected and very limited in other areas. Scored quite a few goals for me though. Maybe random potential?

Ayew is decent, but not anything special. Will develop somewhat, but he's not a top class player. Will also complain a bit. Probably around 140-150 PA.

Richards is good, but extremely injury prone.

Vertout starts of kinda average but developed into a very useful player for me. Chips in with goals and assists and can really play any sort of role in midfield, even as a shadow striker. Around 145-155 maybe?

Ilori was first pick in CD for me due to injuries. He did very well. Great pace and overall decent. Weak personality though, so he might not develop quickly enough.

Lescott was amazing for me. Way too highly rated. Still sold him though, due to him being old and on a big contract.

Crespo is a good squad player.

Gueye has very good attributes. DMs preform to a bad rating for me no matter what though.

Gestede was pants. Can only do one thing, but even that wasn't working.

Easah Suliman and Andre Green have both turned into very good players. I would guess it's a bit random though. Hepburn-Murphy and Robinson have not developed much, but they both have had bad injuries, so I'm still unsure about them.

Grealish has been fantastic for me. Highest earner at the club now, and he's in the English squad. I don't think his stats have changed much though. 15 goals and 15 assists for me in 33(4) games in the 2nd season. 7.5 AVR

Edited by tarjei

Amavi looks good IMO. He's much better then he was on FM15. Been rejecting offers of £25m-30m for him. He's not one of the best LB in the game, but he doesn't really have any weaknesses and is quite good going forward. His PA? Probably 150+

Traore plays very well for me. He's all about pace as to be expected and very limited in other areas. Scored quite a few goals for me though. Maybe random potential?

Ayew is decent, but not anything special. Will develop somewhat, but he's not a top class player. Will also complain a bit. Probably around 140-150 PA.

Richards is good, but extremely injury prone.

Vertout starts of kinda average but developed into a very useful player for me. Chips in with goals and assists and can really play any sort of role in midfield, even as a shadow striker. Around 145-155 maybe?

Ilori was first pick in CD for me due to injuries. He did very well. Great pace and overall decent. Weak personality though, so he might not develop quickly enough.

Lescott was amazing for me. Way too highly rated. Still sold him though, due to him being old and on a big contract.

Crespo is a good squad player.

Gueye has very good attributes. DMs preform to a bad rating for me no matter what though.

Gestede was pants. Can only do one thing, but even that wasn't working.

Easah Suliman and Andre Green have both turned into very good players. I would guess it's a bit random though. Hepburn-Murphy and Robinson have not developed much, but they both have had bad injuries, so I'm still unsure about them.

Grealish has been fantastic for me. Highest earner at the club now, and he's in the English squad. I don't think his stats have changed much though. 15 goals and 15 assists for me in 33(4) games in the 2nd season. 7.5 AVR

Thanks for the round-up, the squad sounds healthier than it has on the last few years (but lacking in some areas). 

Here's hoping Grealish gets those kinda stats in real life.

Yeah, the attributes haven't changed much. Just small adjustments. I probably would have changed some things, but that's being picky. I think it's fairly balanced. The squad is decent, with some potential, but also some weaknesses. A few key signings, a wonderkid or two and some time to develop the younger players and things will look alright. I will definitely be keeping Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Grealish, Suliman and Green around for a long time. Bacuna too, he is very useful. Ayew and possibly Okore will probably be the next to go.

I'm also loving the change that the AI clubs is quite happy to pay wage contributions to offload players. I just made a deal to sign Kevin Gameiro from Arsenal, and they are paying £100k of his £150k wages.

Screenshots of the players in march'17 below.

7LGVmFa.png
BQhWwLV.png

IyP99K6.png
qcrt5Ud.png

FruNCIW.png

CNhNpOl.png
IlcdLpN.png

24e4Fk2.png
tqMV6kK.png

rniV3EV.png
LTUBocm.png

WTvRkLw.png
0MpL7qe.png

QwPadjj.png
qkp6T3Z.png

iquyqc5.png
RUNSLUJ.png
Edited by tarjei

It seems playing Bacuna as a CWB is practically cheating, played 3 games with my new system which has CWB's and he has had atleast an 8.0 rating  in all 3 and I'm already being asked about interested clubs :D

Edit, have no idea why its forcing me to quote nothing...

Edited by Cliffy Biro
  • Like 1

Â