Football Manager 2016

andykeenan

Out 13th November no news on FM16 mobile or FM16 touch realise date tbc

http://www.footballmanager.com/

Features

Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline 

Go head-to-head with mates in Fantasy Draft mode 

Replace an existing team with one of your own. Choose a name, colours & add yourself with Create-a-Club mode

Big changes and improvements to transfer, contract, player & contract screens (and many more) 

Can't wait for this.. not because of anything they've added that's different, but because I didn't play 15 due to my 14 save being so good. Sadly, I lost that save due to a memory error when I was in about 2040 despite me having 8GB of RAM.

So yeah, I'm raring to go now, hopefully it isn't a buggy mess like it always is on release.

I'm coming up to 2040 in my Villa save. Getting ready to retire it before FM16 comes out. Still two things i want to do though, £1 billion in the bank and debt free after new stadium, only £99million to go..

Customise your own manager looks shit. Every year they add a load of new gimmicks which you eventually skip and dont use. Wish` they would focus on the core game play. Inevitably I will sink hours into it and love every minute but with each game I feel they could do more.

• 1 month later...

First thing I did was to sell Gabby, Westwood, Senderos, Richardson, N'Zogiba, Kozak and Cole. Feel much better already :)

Is this easier to sell players than the older versions? this has to be the most frustrating thing about being Villa on FM no-one ever wants your players

First thing I did was to sell Gabby, Westwood, Senderos, Richardson, N'Zogiba, Kozak and Cole. Feel much better already :)

Is this easier to sell players than the older versions? this has to be the most frustrating thing about being Villa on FM no-one ever wants your players

Well, yes.. I guess. I was able to offload all the players I tried, and for half decent fees as well. A new thing that seems to be added is that clubs will bid and include wage contribution clauses, so even if they initially can't afford the wages, they might try anyway with these clauses. On Fm15 it might happen after the bid was made and the contract offered. But now it's on most transfers, for me anyway. Had to pay some wages for Senderos, N'Zogbia & Gabby, but still made plenty from the deals.

That said I never had problems selling players on FM15. It depends muchly on your starting set up tho (how many active clubs, etc).

And secondly, selling players in first season is usually difficult, sometimes impossible, due to all the transfer budgets having been spent at game start already. I.e. Villa start with £0 and a maxed out wage budget.

First game of the season below. I think I can do much better than Sherwood! (Playing a very standard and uncomplicated 4141)

covnfY6.jpg

• Like 1

Nah, still looks like what it did in the released images with the blobs. I've gotten a bit used to it, but I don't get the argument on added functionality. I see no difference from fm15 in functionality. It just looks much worse. There's a little bit of extra info on the tactics screen, but all that info is much more easy visible on the left hand panel as far as I can see. 

As for the UI, there are some nice improvements here and there, and it feels better overall, but there are others changes that are just plain weird and cluttered. Match stats, in-game player stats and league stats rankings are very bad IMO.

Match engine is very different. I like it so far. I'm stuggling to create chances, but I'm not conceding much either. Goal differnce is 17-10 in 12 league games.

Oh and I have a ton of injuries. Hope it's just my luck and it'll change. Currently 10 players in the first team out, and a couple of really bad ones too.

Â