No 'Source' Button in the Editor

Chewie

Question

When starting a new post or creating a reply, the source button in the editor isn't available...

xY8VGAs.png

Since screen-shotting the image I have now tried it with...

FireFox 40.0.3
Chrome 45.0.2454.85 (64-bit) (+Incognito mode)
Safari 8.0.8
^ All on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Firefox 40.0.3
Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Internet Explorer
^ All on Windows 10

Also tried through 2 different ISPs.

Did a test on Ubuntu Gnome 15.05 with both Chromium 44.0.2403.89 and Firefox 37.0 with the same result.

Have also tried Windows 10 and 8.1 from different networks and different computers with firefox 41.0 and chrome 45.0.2454.85

Cookies and cache cleared and incognito tested.

Just to be clear, we are talking about this button:

snapshot24.thumb.png.78a33bf2259770c6e16

Those affected, are you not seeing it at all on any device? If not, how did you know it was missing? If you are seeing it on some devices and not others, I need to know which are which.

Sorry, but I have no idea with this one at all.

Still gone on all devices and networks with cache cleared and incognito tested

Just to be clear, we are talking about this button:

snapshot24.thumb.png.78a33bf2259770c6e16

Yep, thats tha one.

Those affected, are you not seeing it at all on any device? If not, how did you know it was missing? If you are seeing it on some devices and not others, I need to know which are which.

Sorry, but I have no idea with this one at all.

I was looking for the old sites "switch" for plain text and bb-code and couldn't find anything similar. Then I saw BOF posting a screenshot of the Source-button when he asked about formatting issues. I've never seen it on this login.

• Like 2

The only time I can see this being an issue personally is quotes.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to edit quotes with the new site. On the old one I'd use the source button to do it "manually" (for want of a better word)

Without that option now it seems very hard, although I fully admit I may just be doing something wrong!

A little experimentation shows that if Javascript is disabled, any user can post at least some restricted subset of HTML (tested to work: bold, italic, link, image; tested not to work: tables, blockquotes), so it's not the editor which is enforcing HTML restrictions (which is good news in about eleventy-billion ways).

• Like 1
Â