San Marino v Englahd

andykeenan

Erm, ok? :huh:

I'm not really sure what part of my reply was stupid?

"Someone like you"? What is somebody like me? Someone who doesn't think it's crazy for Walcott to say we could win the Euros. 

I imagine there are a hell of a lot of people like me if that's the case

Edited by Stevo985

There is always one word in response to someone thinking a team isn't good enough to win the European Championships once they've qualified for it, or criticising a player who thinks a team 'could' win it.

Greece.

• Like 2

Incidentally, these are the only quotes I can find

It'll definitely be a big achievement if we can go far. I am sure that we can. The manager has got that in our system, that he believes in us. The belief is there, the confidence is there, so why not?

So he believes England can "go far"

My god. What a crazy bastard.

• Like 1

There is always one word in response to someone thinking a team isn't good enough to win the European Championships once they've qualified for it, or criticising a player who thinks a team 'could' win it.

Greece.

And another word: Denmark. 

• Like 1

Greece.

And another word: Denmark. 

Wigan

Crap teams can do well in knockouts .

Well you shouldnt assume so much, nobody asked him in the interwiev i read, even if they did, he could say something like:There is alot of quality teams in the tournament and we will certainly give it our all.

England always think that they are so much better than they are and it annoys me.

When was the last time you won anything? 1966? and you won that with the help of the ref.

:crylaugh:

so because one of the players playing for England said we could win it, that means England think they're better than they are?

Nobody's expecting to win the Euros. Even people who say we could win it (which isn't many) certainly aren't "expecting" it.

Why are you turning into a "my dad's bigger than yours" competition? What does the last time England winning anything have to do with it.

I bet if an Icelandic player or a ROI player (if they qualify) got asked if they could win the tournament, they would say yes. They COULD.

What a stupid reply, there is no point in debating with someone like you. **collects handbag**  **flounces**

Fixed your post. Not sure what the beef is here.

COULD England win the Euro's? Well yes. They could.

WILL England win the Euro's? Its not the most likely outcome but it is possible. 

Acknowledging the possibility of something is not the same as believing it is likely. 

• Like 3

what i took from Stevo's original post was whether or not england can win it is completely irrelevant, if you ask any english footballer, any of our FA or around 80% of our media then they are going to toe the party line and say "yes" and with our media being what it is all the caveats dont make the headline

walcott saying we can win it is what it is, can you imagine the headlines if he'd said no, we're simply not good enough, overhype all our youngsters and have "superstars" who constantly fail to perform on the biggest stage? that response simply isnt going to happen is it even if it is the reality of what the majority of us think

Â