Tickets

Wainy316

Trying to book three tickets but it's only letting me buy one per client reference.  Obviously I understand them wanting to ensure SHA fans don't get in, but this is pretty frustrating.  It's now looking like I won't be able to go, as the two who were supposed to be going with me (one driving down) don't have client references with suitable booking history.

They've not bought tickets in 3 seasons? Then why would they expect tickets to a local derby in a cup? Crazy. 

The club have got this one right, IMO.

Yep, this.

All you need to go to this game is to have bought one ticket in the past 3 seasons.

If you can't satisfy that criteria then I don't know how you can moan.

Trying to book three tickets but it's only letting me buy one per client reference.  Obviously I understand them wanting to ensure SHA fans don't get in, but this is pretty frustrating.  It's now looking like I won't be able to go, as the two who were supposed to be going with me (one driving down) don't have client references with suitable booking history.

They've not bought tickets in 3 seasons? Then why would they expect tickets to a local derby in a cup? Crazy. 

The club have got this one right, IMO.

Yep, this.

All you need to go to this game is to have bought one ticket in the past 3 seasons.

If you can't satisfy that criteria then I don't know how you can moan.

spot on mate

Thing is tho.. as I've said before. My dad has been to 5/6 games in last 3 seasons but can't go because we've always bought them on my client ref. 

Now that's a bit naive on our part, but only giving one ticket per client ref doesn't tell a true picture.

For example, why not look at my client ref. See how many times I've bought more than one and who they are for?

Thing is tho.. as I've said before. My dad has been to 5/6 games in last 3 seasons but can't go because we've always bought them on my client ref. 

Now that's a bit naive on our part, but only giving one ticket per client ref doesn't tell a true picture.

For example, why not look at my client ref. See how many times I've bought more than one and who they are for?

You can split multiple tickets bought on 1 client reference into 2 separate client references.

I used to always buy mine and a mates ticket on my reference... then a couple of years asked them to split it into 2 references which they did.

It might be too late to do that now for tonights game, but you can get it done so you always have 2 references for future games.

• Like 1

I can see where people are coming from with the client reference issue. It is annoying when someone has been to games but didn't have their own reference (also annoying from the clubs point of view as it affects attendance but their hands are tied). 

I think the site should make you create a new reference for additional tickets unless you assign them and also the phone operators/ticket office staff should do the same. Then this problem wouldn't happen. 

Have you tried ringing them and asking them this?

The criteria is to protect against non villa fans getting a ticket. I'm sure they'd give you a ticket if you explained this to them.

The point is they can't just put it to general sale. They don't want to not sell your dad a ticket. But they can't let him buy one without a reference because any old knuckledragger could do that

Â