Which transfers in are you most excited about?

Marka Ragnos

Transfer excitement  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Which transfers in are you most excited about? (multiple choices OK, public votes)

I think they'll all do great, and it's hard to chose one, Gueye, Amavi, Veretout and Ayew are going to have phenomenal seasons, but I'm most excited for Traore.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I went for Richards and Adama.

I think Richards could well be good enough to see out his career here as captain and give us a Holte End hero of sorts.

Adama because he's a proper lads wet dream type of player. Enjoy him while you can

Honourable mentions to Amavi and Gana of course.

• Like 1

Gueye as he looks phenomenal and as a finished article. Amavi has the potential to be one of the best LB's in Europe if he keeps progressing. 

Traore is exactly the type of player I have wanted for Villa for some time but no idea how good he can turn out to be. Very exciting player.

I'm pretty happy with every signing we have made this window to be fair. Some might not work out at all but even being cynical I'm very impressed with how they managed all this with the funds we had.

Maybe a question mark behind the money spent on Ayew but only time will tell. Gil, Grealish and Sinclair also feels new to me.

• Like 2

Amavi, Traore, Veretout & Gestede for me.

I'll let you off missing out the technically-newly-signed Sinclair ;)

Sinclair is really a Lambert signing so I'm ok with it not being on the poll.

Would be harsh to blame Sherwood if Sinclair flopped, and similarly would be a bit unfair to credit him with it if he succeeds (although being as he's managing him he deserves some credit obviously)

So whilst yes technically he's a new signing, I get the feeling Plastic Man was going for a poll on Sherwood's new signings.

• Like 2

Amavi, Traore and Gueye for me.

The first two because it's exciting to see how they develop given such fantastic raw talent.  Gueye because I'm excited to see a hard-working midfielder with actual quality after years of being lacking in this department.

• Like 2

There is always one player you lose that eventually causes a problem to the team balance........ simarly when signing many, there is always one player who is instumental in galvanising it all.

I think that will be  Lescott.

I think he will turn some decent football, in to points.

I am excited about a lot of the newbies. I genuinely think Richards and Lescott as centre halves gives us a solidity we haven't had for years. Amavi is already absolute class and he's still too young to be in the 25! Gana is pretty much our best player already (so far at least) and Veretout is going to be top notch.

All that said, it doesn't surprise me in the least that Traore is topping the poll. And got my vote as well. Because when we're talking about excitement, what's more exciting than a player who is explosive from a standing start, can leave defenders in his dust and just looks like he's born to create and score goals. Awesome signing.