VillaTalk downtime

limpid

Question

VillaTalk will be down for several hours on Thursday starting around lunchtime. When it comes back up, we will be running the new version of the IP.Board software.

There are bound to be problems. Please report them in this thread.

After the upgrade, a process will run reorganising older posts. I expect that old posts will be messed up for some time (probably days) while this completes.

Any comments on the fluid width, Limpid? The site is quite narrow compared to the previous version on a large monitor.

It seems to be fluid up to about 1600px wide. I guess it's because it also has to work on mobile screens.

Well it has a viewport setting in the source code which should allow a fluid width on all devices. Is there a hard setting somewhere which is limiting the max width?

Also, sorry for the triple post, i can't get the multi-quote formatting correct without using the source code button.

Go to first unread on any thread has gone.

You just click the bullet to the left of the title, same as the old site. How did you do this before?

This doesn't seem to work for me Limp. On threads I haven't been in at all, there is a bullet to click on, but in threads I've been in (Downtime & General Chat are two threads I've tested it on), there is no bullet and you therefore go straight to the first post.

You just click the bullet to the left of the title, same as the old site. How did you do this before?

This doesn't seem to work for me Limp. On threads I haven't been in at all, there is a bullet to click on, but in threads I've been in (Downtime & General Chat are two threads I've tested it on), there is no bullet and you therefore go straight to the first post.

I've noticed this too, I'm wondering if it is due to the old threads being updated in the database before it can track the last read stuff?

That's because there are no unread posts. The OP wanted to go to the first unread post. What are you trying to do?

No, the examples I was referring to did have new posts at the time. I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP.

I've just tried it again in General Chat, as I can see there was a new post 2 minutes ago. I click on the thread, and once again it takes me to the original post by AVFCLaura. 

Sigh........ It wasn't broke... It didn't fixing.

Sorry chaps I'm not liking this. Absolutely awful experience on mobile. I just want to read posts yet half the screen is taken up by the poster information.... Forever scrolling :(

Navigation is now an exercise of guess work... Why get rid of breadcrumbs?

Edited by jimmygreaves
My tapatalk has failed to load for about two hours now from the main page.

I can only view threads from the trending tab.

I think this was fixed earlier in the thread by someone uninstalling the app and re-installing it.

The subforums tab just won't load anymore on tapa talk. I've reinstalled it 3 times now.

I'm going to declare that the transition is complete.  Faults appear to be pretty much related to individual users, rather than the site as a whole. Please create new threads for anything still outstanding, but ensure you've read the information at the top of the forum about what to do before posting and what to include in your post..

Thanks