VillaTalk downtime

limpid

Question

VillaTalk will be down for several hours on Thursday starting around lunchtime. When it comes back up, we will be running the new version of the IP.Board software.

There are bound to be problems. Please report them in this thread.

After the upgrade, a process will run reorganising older posts. I expect that old posts will be messed up for some time (probably days) while this completes.

I genuinely don't know what you are saying. Are you asking for more smileys?

I think it's more an issue of how it's working on the iPhone. As smileys are working but the 'emoji' keyboard on the iPhone isn't. It's really not a problem though. It was just a bit of playful banter.

Righteo.As an old man,I is confused.Do I get rid of Tapatalk and get a Villatalk app off Playstore?

I'm not sure what your age has to do with it. You don't need to change anything :)

I think it's more an issue of how it's working on the iPhone. As smileys are working but the 'emoji' keyboard on the iPhone isn't. It's really not a problem though. It was just a bit of playful banter.

I don't know what that is. Was it working before? Are you using a browser or tapatalk?

Please use new threads for separate issues

[/limpid]

;)

It seems silly after all this time, but I just never noticed. 44,417 posts? Devotion to the cause Stevo (I put a thumbs up, but emoji's are now banned on here)

On topic, I miss the Old villa Talk where I could post untold amounts of emoji's :(

That's what happened when you spend 10 years being a sad bastard and having a boring job sat in front of a PC all day. With nobody monitoring your internet usage...

Great Stuff.

On the mobile site I haven't got to cycle through 20 pages to get to the latest post on a thread I haven't entered in two months.

You didn't have to do that before :) There's a thread in this forum explaining. Redundant now though.

Righteo.As an old man,I is confused.Do I get rid of Tapatalk and get a Villatalk app off Playstore?

I'm not sure what your age has to do with it. You don't need to change anything :)

I don't know what that is. Was it working before? Are you using a browser or tapatalk?

I was using the browser, but I've tried Tapatalk too, it doesn't work on either.

I was using the browser, but I've tried Tapatalk too, it doesn't work on either.

Was it working before?

8bf4bc2269f7bbdc76178f9bc3edb818.png

BUT WHO ????? WHO LIKES IT ?????

Is this fixed now?

On the mobile skin the 'You are not logged in' message seems to be covering up the login field! 

I thought that.  It isn't.  Just scroll further to the right. 

Doesn't help. Can't change theme, either.

8accfb56664c148697d1b0de49cee049.jpg

I've just had the same problem. Scroll all the way down and the option for 'theme' is there. Switch from Villa Talk to Default. It sort of makes you feel like you're in a nursing home, but it works better than the current theme.

As I said above, no can do. Pressing 'theme' has no effect on my phone. As Simon suggests, I'm sticking with Tapatalk for now.

Was it working before?

8bf4bc2269f7bbdc76178f9bc3edb818.png

BUT WHO ????? WHO LIKES IT ?????

Is this fixed now?

It was working before. Many of my posts have been complemented by the use of hilarious emoji's in the past.

Please use new threads for separate issues

[/limpid]

;)

It seems silly after all this time, but I just never noticed. 44,417 posts? Devotion to the cause Stevo (I put a thumbs up, but emoji's are now banned on here)

On topic, I miss the Old villa Talk where I could post untold amounts of emoji's :(

That's what happened when you spend 10 years being a sad bastard and having a boring job sat in front of a PC all day. With nobody monitoring your internet usage...

My situation is similar. Im a sad bastard who sits in front of a set of robots every day. With nobody monitoring the lack of work I'm doing. I tend to be a bit of a VT stalker during the day though, my poster self only comes out after work.

Is there still a "plain text" editor? So one can see all the formatting.

Yes and it's still in the same place, Top left of the buttons, now labelled "Source".

I saw Brians post with the sourcebutton pic, if that had been there I'd have seen it. Fir me it looks like this:

5kSLPMb.png

So probably some cache thing at my end

On the mobile skin the 'You are not logged in' message seems to be covering up the login field! 

I thought that.  It isn't.  Just scroll further to the right. 

Doesn't help. Can't change theme, either.

I've just had the same problem. Scroll all the way down and the option for 'theme' is there. Switch from Villa Talk to Default. It sort of makes you feel like you're in a nursing home, but it works better than the current theme.

As I said above, no can do. Pressing 'theme' has no effect on my phone. As Simon suggests, I'm sticking with Tapatalk for now.

I had this issue, I switched the iPhone to horizontal view and then used one finger to hold the pan, and then i could hit the login button.

Is there still a "plain text" editor? So one can see all the formatting.

Yes and it's still in the same place, Top left of the buttons, now labelled "Source".

I saw Brians post with the sourcebutton pic, if that had been there I'd have seen it. Fir me it looks like this:

5kSLPMb.png

So probably some cache thing at my end

I have the same issue, no source button at all in any browser, regardless of cache.

Also, whilst i tried to post this, the 'Post' button got stuck on 'Saving'.