Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

going to lose 3-0

Interesting. I gather we'll win 3-0.

Leicester's at home, so they will come at us. Then we'll destroy them through superior efficiency. Adama and Sinclair gets one each as per usual and the last one is a beaut by either Jack or that Micah fella.

This is a tricky one, but I think we'll win.  Don't know if that is quiet confidence, or an even quieter desperation.  I'm in two minds.  I agree with those posters saying we should tame this uppity pup and let them run themselves into the ground, but on the other hand it's about time we asserted ourselves on games and deployed the barnstorming goals from advanced midfield play that we flourished with during our resurgence last season.  We have to, at least, play with more conviction in the final third.  I do wonder if Tim will experiment with three at the back for this fixture.  Maybe Ilori in the Eric Dier role.  Could work out; tangle their directness up a little.

Whichever, I'm excited.  We're due a performance of real conviction.  It's gilet-shedding time!

Watford's win over Swansea should demonstrate that just because you meet a team who've started the season well, doesn't mean you're doomed to lose. Leicester struggled to get a point at Bournemouth in their last game. I think it'll be a fairly open game myself. I'm leaning to a Leicester win simply because we can't seem to stop conceding goals after 80 minutes. Maybe Lescott will help with that (if he starts). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

The start of a massive month for the Villa and the first of three important derbies. Given our injuries I'd possibly go for a slightly different system:

------------------------------------------- Guzan --------------------------------------------------

---------------- Richards (c) ------- Lescott ------- Clark -----------------------

Bacuna --------------------------------------------------------------- Amavi

------------------------- Westwood --------- Sanchez ------------------------------

---------------------------------------- Grealish --------------------------------------

-------------------------- Gestede ------------- Sinclair -------------------------

Traore is one for later in the game if his ankle knock hasn't cleared up and there's no way I'd risk playing Gana. Hopefully we start right from the off as Leicester will have noted we sometimes lack concentration and will want to put us on the back foot straight away. Fingers crossed for a win.

This is the sort of game that we need to be getting something from if we are not going to be in trouble again at the end of the season.

The team still needs to get more familiar with playing with each other and we cannot afford to be without too many key players through injury but I have been tempted by Sinclair to score 2 or more goals @ 11/1 with Corals and I think we look good for at least a point if that comes in (and he gets 2 goals for fun at the moment). ;)