Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

If they are all fit he has a selection headache with the front 3/4.

Sinclair has to start, Grealish too. But what about Adama? How do you incorporate both Sinclair and Grealish into a system like that without pushing Grealish out wide? Gil played well when he came on last Saturday, did he do enough?

Does he sacrifice one of Sanchez or Westwood for the sake of playing Grealish, Adama AND Sinclair? Who gets the next chance in the number 9 role?

Heck, who does he slot in at centre half?

Great headache to have.

When I was looking through the squad there are all sorts of different lineups you can create if everyone is fit, can't remeber the last time I was spolit for choice about who to have in the squad and who to leave out!

Guzman

Bacuna lescott Richards amavi

Sanchez gueye

Traore. Gil. Grealish

Sinclair

This is a very strong line up but I think he will swap Sinclair with gil and have ayew or Rudy up top . But definently a very strong team .

Edited by avfctom89

Subject to injuries I think we will start like this

----------------- Guzan ----------------
Hutton  or Bacuna-- Richards -- Clark -- Amavi
---- Gana -- Westwood -- Sanchez ---
--- Sinclair -- Rudy -- Grealish ---

If it was me I would put Veretout in for Westwood.  Think this is going to be high scoring game with maybe a late goal from one of the super subs we now have. 3-2 to us

I'd think we'll line up as follows:

..................Guzan

Hutton.Richards.Lescott.Amavi

.Westwood.Sanchez.Gueye

..........Grealish.Sinclair

................Gabby

Subs: Bunn, Clark, Bacuna, Veretout, Traore, Gil, Gestede

Our bench is beginning to look a lot stronger, we could be potentially going into games without the likes of Ayew, Cole, Kozak, Illori, Crespo, Richardson (and more shockingly N'Zogbia ;) )making the matchday squad.

It's good to have options for once - we just need the squad to gel and to get that morale boosting win!

------------------- Guzan ----------------

Hutton -- Richards -- Lescott -- Amavi

------------------ Sanchez --------------

----------- Gueye ------ Veretout -------

Traore ---------------------------- Grealish

------------------ Sinclair --------------------

subs Bunn, Clark, Bacuna, Westwood, Gil, Ayew, Agbonlahor

This is imo our best 11 at the moment but I doubt Sherwood agrees.

Westwood will play as will Gestede, also I'm not sure Hutton will keep his place with either Bacuna or Ilore possibly taking his place.

They are doing very well at the moment but if we are ever worried about playing Leicester then I give up! We'll either win, lose or draw imo ;)

Could do with a win here, otherwise starting the season with 1 win from 5 given who we've played doesn't look too good. I think we have better players than them, but they have momentum from the way they ended last season and have begun this season unbeaten in their first 4 games, need our attacking players (Trarore, Gil, Grealish) to turn up here.

• Like 1

Could do with a win here, otherwise starting the season with 1 win from 5 given who we've played doesn't look too good. I think we have better players than them, but they have momentum from the way they ended last season and have begun this season unbeaten in their first 4 games, need our attacking players (Trarore, Gil, Grealish) to turn up here.

This. It's time. But, yeah, Leicester's on a high. I think we'll lose unless we can cross the Rubicon and play with spirit and like a team (no more dicking around "gelling"). On paper we have a lot more sheer talent, I suspect.

I predict pain...

Difficult game for us this one... It's away from home for us and will be seen as a more than winnable game for them. Their fans will be up for this, and we're about due our perennial stuffing on TV. Yeah sure, they are due to lose some time soon... But recent history leads me to believe we are better at giving people a lift when they are in a bad run (Newcastle the last two seasons?) instead of us putting the mockers on someone else's good fortune.

Would take a 0-0 or 1-1 right now.

But come on Villa - prove me wrong. Fight like lions and all that jazz...

Edited by Raver50032
Because I can... feckers

On Leicester's form they'll be hitting hubris status soon if they're not there already. Let's bring them back to earth and introduce fear back into their collective consciousness. 3-1 UTV suckas!!

I will be sat amongst the home fans for this one.  JOY.

Tough game, though.  Leicester are playing really good football and move it particularly quickly upfront.  Vardy has been mocked by many on here but I think he'll be a nightmare to defend against and will cause problems.

I'd take a draw.