If you could go back in time, when and where would you go?

Marka Ragnos

You can't go back in space-time so I've corrected the thread title :)

(It's like using light years as a measure of time or saying degrees Celsius in place of just Celsius.)

Is Friday at Coral still the right answer?

1980. I'd see Villa win the league, then the European Cup then buy a load of shares in Microsoft and Apple.

Been there, done that. Except for the shares thing.

Just imagine going to Gates in the early days and saying "I really believe in your product I'm a gonna back you...hey have a start bar"

Then imagine yourself now living in a house like that bloke in ex machina.

Just imagine going to Gates in the early days and saying "I really believe in your product I'm a gonna back you...hey have a start bar"

Then imagine yourself now living in a house like that bloke in ex machina.

From what I recall Gates paid $75,000 to someone to buy their license or something ( may have been QDOS ? ).... That must have been quite a sum back then and suggests he had a few quid and may not have needed any backing

Can you imagine the huge quantities of change there would have been by killing Hitler?

The millions upon millions of those families time lines' would be free to carry on naturally, rather than being inexplicably cut short by an individual persons death. Or that millions of babies born during the war wouldn't have been born because the procreation between two completely different people from different cultures didn't happen.

Or the technologies invented BECAUSE of the war weren't created because there was no need for them.

The world would be almost unrecognisable as we know it, culturally and physically.

I'm not sure I would change WW2 happening more so than any other war. If whatever I did, did affect the future, the predicable outcome of the event I could affect would have to have a predicable outcome, otherwise I wouldn't touch that event/decision.

• Like 1

What ever the the last time I got a blowie was. I dunno, about 6 months ago. 

do you at least remember his name?

he's not getting another one, I can tell you that much

i dont blame ya, hes a messy bastard.

• Like 2

Can you imagine the huge quantities of change there would have been by killing Hitler?

The millions upon millions of those families time lines' would be free to carry on naturally, rather than being inexplicably cut short by an individual persons death. Or that millions of babies born during the war wouldn't have been born because the procreation between two completely different people from different cultures didn't happen.

Or the technologies invented BECAUSE of the war weren't created because there was no need for them.

The world would be almost unrecognisable as we know it, culturally and physically.

I'm not sure I would change WW2 happening more so than any other war. If whatever I did, did affect the future, the predicable outcome of the event I could affect would have to have a predicable outcome, otherwise I wouldn't touch that event/decision.

But then what if Stalin had invaded Poland, conquered Germany and nuked London? I'm not sure killing Hitler would have solved Europe's problems in the 20th century, it was on the road to oblivion long before he became the guy who lit the blue touch paper. Germany was going to shit anyway. What if someone who could actually win a war had stepped into Hitler's shoes and now we were all living under Nazi rule? Edited by The_Rev

Would like to say Vienna around 1907, or Jeddah in the early 70's but wouldnt have the rutlessness to kill Hitler or Bin Laden so probably the 80's and make sure that I bought shares in all the technology companies between then and now that were a success.

• Like 1

I remember reading that even if time travel was possible it would be impossible to change history. The example that was given was that  if you wanted to prevent yourself from ever being born, so went back in time and killed your Grandfather. It wouldn't work because if you were never born you couldn't go back in time to kill anyone and so you'd be born after all.

But then what if Stalin had invaded Poland, conquered Germany and nuked London? I'm not sure killing Hitler would have solved Europe's problems in the 20th century, it was on the road to oblivion long before he became the guy who lit the blue touch paper. Germany was going to shit anyway. What if someone who could actually win a war had stepped into Hitler's shoes and now we were all living under Nazi rule?

Yea I agree, hence why I said;

"I'm not sure I would change WW2 happening more so than any other war."

The implications of doing so are unfathomable.  Whilst you'd undoubtedly save millions of lives from WW2, you'd also be preventing millions of lives because of the babies resulting from it.

Plus, as you say, other dangers would have done something anyway.

I think if you wanted to affect time, you'd have to choose an event which was much more predictable than just killing a political leader to stop an entire war happening.

Â