Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Sunderland

limpid

Still need to find a new CF as Rudy needs more time.

Lescott will be a good signing and will give Clark more time to improve his game, he made a silly mistake to allow them to score their 2nd.

Should be getting 3pts against Sunderland as they looked poor and in my opinion will go down this year

Edited by Dorset77Villa
  • Like 1

Much more invidual skill in the team than I can remember we have had in the last years. But Tim must take action sometimes, really frustrating. Ayew or Kozak should have come on for Gestede.

Really disappointing that we don't get this win because we were the better team. Frustrating. Really want to see how we do with everyone healthy and possibly a new striker? I'm not liking Gestede as a starter yet. 

• Like 1

We really need to sort out our home form. Why are we so poor at VP?

Make no mistake that is a wank result.

Sherwood has absolutely zero faith in his new signings.

What makes you say that? Traore was injured and Veretout was probably knackered from mid-week. Gestede, Gana, Amavi and Richards were all playing.

• Like 1

More than enough chances to win. Conceded due to individual errors, set-up was fine. Some seem to think anything that doesn't go our way is automatically Tims fault.

I agree about the individual errors, but how many times was Gestede supposed to kill all of our attacking impetus before Tim tried something different?

Very disappointing result, dominated that first half and had plenty of chances to win it. Just as evident as ever that we are lacking that killer striker to win the game. 

With Jack and Adama to come back we'll get better but this really was a match we should have won. 

We need 3 points in these games, had all the running for the last 25 minutes and needed something different up top but kept Rudy on, who to his credit did a lot better in the second half then the first but it was all just a bit too static up top.

Looking forward to have Jack and Traore available and dump this Bacuna midfielder thing also, just doesn't work, he doesn't offer enough quality when in good positions.

Shite result against the worst team in the league. How on earth Richards didn't score from a yard out I don't know. Kozak or Ayew need to be starting ahead of Gestede as well. Another year of deparate scrapping if things continue like they have so far.

Thought we were unlucky not to win. 2 or 3 gilt edged opportunities to win it - especially Richards' chance - but they took the only chance they had, plus a fantastic free kick.

Swansea are no mugs and could only muster a draw against this lot. Disappointing but it's shown that there's plenty of work to do over the end of the transfer window and the international break, but I'm sure we're getting better. Played some decent stuff today.

shit result. More than enough chances to win, but our shooting and our crossing is woeful. 

And at the back individual errors yet again. You won't see many worse attempts at defending than clark this season, the sunderland player was going absolutely nowhere

We really need to sort out our home form. Why are we so poor at VP?

Make no mistake that is a wank result.

Sherwood has absolutely zero faith in his new signings.

What makes you say that? Traore was injured and Veretout was probably knackered from mid-week. Gestede, Gana, Amavi and Richards were all playing.

I found it odd that neither Vertout or J Ayew came on to be honest. Gil was apparently the least fit of all of them but he played. I suspect Tim thought that we were creating enough chances so didn't change it but he should have.

We really need to work on our conversion. Chances were there. We had plenty of them. Richards should have scored from one of his two chances and Gestede should have as well.

Hopefully we'll have a full and fit squad after the international break.

Â