Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Sunderland

limpid

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Man of the match voting in the other thread.

This thread will lock about three days after the match so that the polls are fixed. Please start another to continue discussion of the game.

Poor game for us. Some injuries, but not good enough. We should be running rings around these kinds of teams. Hopefully it served a purpose to show the powers that be that we still need a couple more.

Puts a dent in our bid for the premier league title.

Still level on points with Chelsea. 

Let the over reaction commence. I thought we had enough chances to win the game against a very poor team. The second goal we conceded was shocking. Sanchez dawdling on the ball and Clark all over the place defensively. As for missed chances, Rudy looks like bambi on ice up top. I think we'll improve more as the season progresses but it was surprising that a player signed for £8m J Ayew didn't get a look in today. Not a good sign.

Edited by villa89

Really strange one. We played well but made loads and loads of wrong decisions up front.

Inevitable 68 min sub from Sherwood. I'm sure he'll blame injuries to players for the lack of win but I'm not sure Grealish and Traore are going to stop the naivety at the back. It was a fairly strong team.

Just so, so frustrating that we dominated so much and let them off. They were really shocking and we gifted them a point.

Â