Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I don't know if that is a sincere comment, if it is, apologies in advance for my misunderstanding it.   But.... it  reads like a little dig at those  - and I was/am one  - who made a big thing about us needing to contemplate paying players off a few weeks ago.

Of course, if it is such it is misguided, as practically nobody, (and certainly not me), suggested doing that rather than selling them, just doing it if we couldn't sell them. As indeed we virtually appear to be trying to do in the case of Gabby if nobody wants him.

It certainly appears the Board and RDM are determined to get shot of them somehow, thank goodness.

That perfectly explains the situation for me. It was made clear at the time as well . Maybe , to be generous , some people weren't aware of the fact that was clarified . But it is now 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If only we'd spent a few million paying off his contract we could have got rid of him a couple of weeks ago. 

This is exactly what some of us were arguing - we may have to cover some of his wages to get rid! 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I don't know if that is a sincere comment, if it is, apologies in advance for my misunderstanding it.   But.... it  reads like a little dig at those  - and I was/am one  - who made a big thing about us needing to contemplate paying players off a few weeks ago.

Of course, if it is such it is misguided, as practically nobody, (and certainly not me), suggested doing that rather than selling them, just doing it if we couldn't sell them. As indeed we virtually appear to be trying to do in the case of Gabby if nobody wants him.

It certainly appears the Board and RDM are determined to get shot of them somehow, thank goodness.

I think Irony is the word here.

I can imagine that discussions took place to motivate certain Players/Agents to look elsewhere.

Dr X & RDM always knowing that it would still be an option to P'off ( "pay 'em off" ) when all other avenues are exhausted.

46 minutes ago, UppsalaVillan said:

Can you fail a medical if they find no brain? That's my only worry now..

It's OK he probably keeps it in his pocket. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

I like that Dr. Xia is willing to shift the cancerous players at any cost. Richards and Gabby next please.

I have a feeling Gabby is waiting for the window to end so he gets paid off.. 

It seems our plan is;

- Tell the players who aren't wanted to look elsewhere..

- Those that find a new club that can be sold will be sold (Sinclair)

- Those that can go on a free will go on a free (Guzan)

- Those that can go on a free to a club that can't afford their wages we will assist them (Lescott)

- Anyone else left that didn't make waves to move themselves on will be paid off

I think Gabby is done with football he just wants that bumper payday when he gets the next year or so of his contract given to him in one lump sum. I just think Villa are trying to find avenues that save money, not because money is an issue but because it's the sensible thing to do.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There were a number of people who quite seriously felt it would be good business to pay off a number of players to terminate contracts, an act which no doubt would have resulted in millions of pounds of loss.

Fast forward a few weeks and everything's falling into place pretty much, it's amazing what happens when you just allow for a bit of time instead of demanding instant action.

Exactly this.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Must be me but I've read this a few times and don't get it

Alan gets his car graffitied, so paints over 'cock-piss partridge' to make it look less offensive when he goes for an interview at the BBC.

alanpartridgerover8003.7619.jpg

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There were a number of people who quite seriously felt it would be good business to pay off a number of players to terminate contracts, an act which no doubt would have resulted in millions of pounds of loss.

Fast forward a few weeks and everything's falling into place pretty much, it's amazing what happens when you just allow for a bit of time instead of demanding instant action.

Again, I didn't see anyone (I might have missed one or two ?) who said we needed to do it back then - only that IF nothing came to fruition we should do it - as it seems Tony pretty much has by paying Lescott to clear off.

Â