Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Good addition to the squad, but he's clearly on a downward trend...  I hope he's willing to acknowledge this and be happy to be the

squad player we need at the back when required to.

I'd love if he started being lethal at set pieces again. 

This has been very much on the cards for a while now and personally I'll be absolutely delighted if it goes through.

I was worried WBA's failure to do the deal for Fazio would end our hopes of landing him but with them looking likely to land Evans hopefully this can be pushed through before the deadlines.

We enquired about him before he went to Albion but couldn't manage the wages, I find it infuriating that 12 months later we are potentially paying money for him when we could have had him free. 

Anyway in terms of the player, sure he isn't at his peak any more but he is still a bloody good defender. I think and if I'm honest hope he will take Clark's place and we will be a better team for it.

• Like 4

For a villa fan (supposedly apparently) he didn't half love celebrating scoring against us.

That aside, he is a very good centre half and for £1million its a good signing

For a villa fan (supposedly apparently) he didn't half love celebrating scoring against us.

That aside, he is a very good centre half and for £1million its a good signing

You can say that again :P

Seriously though, nothing wrong with celebrating a goal, shows passion

Totally agree...sorry it's a little off topic but this whole current trend of not celebrating goals against former clubs or whatever really winds me up, if you've helped your current club towards points you should celebrate (just don't take the piss a la Adebayor against Arsenal)

Slightly more on topic, looking back I love seeing him celebrate that last minute equaliser against us at Goodison in '08, made what happened next so much sweeter :)

What a bizarre thing to get upset about!

Â