Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Just imagine how much more we will be attacking our corners with all the new players in the team plus Lescott. We will be a proper handful at set pieces

Just need to get some decent balls in the box now!  ;)

For a villa fan (supposedly apparently) he didn't half love celebrating scoring against us.

That aside, he is a very good centre half and for £1million its a good signing

For a villa fan (supposedly apparently) he didn't half love celebrating scoring against us.

You can say that again  :P

Seriously though, nothing wrong with celebrating a goal, shows passion

Could Clark feature in a DM Role alongside Sanchez in a 4231 for certain games where we need muscle in Midfield.....Now Lescott is here.

Edited by TRO

You can say that again  :P

its their job.

You can say that again :P

Totally agree...sorry it's a little off topic but this whole current trend of not celebrating goals against former clubs or whatever really winds me up, if you've helped your current club towards points you should celebrate (just don't take the piss a la Adebayor against Arsenal)

Slightly more on topic, looking back I love seeing him celebrate that last minute equaliser against us at Goodison in '08, made what happened next so much sweeter :)

• Like 1

You can say that again :P

Totally agree...sorry it's a little off topic but this whole current trend of not celebrating goals against former clubs or whatever really winds me up, if you've helped your current club towards points you should celebrate (just don't take the piss a la Adebayor against Arsenal)

Slightly more on topic, looking back I love seeing him celebrate that last minute equaliser against us at Goodison in '08, made what happened next so much sweeter :)

Fully agree :)  

• Like 1

Not so sure we need a centre half with pace,necessarily, we have some already.....we need composure and organisation skills in there.

he could be what we need, for the funds available

Lescott has pace?

Or was you insinuating Lescott has compuser?

Think i misunderstood

someone said Lescott has no pace.....I said but we have players who have i.e Richards.....but I said we need a CH with Composure & Organisational skills primarily, so he could be ok.

sorry, I don't think I explained myself very well.

ps ....is "Compuser" a muscle complaint.....just kidding

Edited by TRO

Yeah thought you meant he had pace but didnt read previous posts.

He could be alright if he plays with 100% passion and desire for us, thought he was the business for Wolves and Eversnot but since then has declined didnt rate him at Citeh or the Tesco bags. Like someone said he certainly goes OTT whenever he scores against us, found this cid of him and Moin

Could turn out to be an inspired signing, and great for someone like Easah Suliman to learn from for 2 the next two seasons or so.

Rather Suliman learned from Lescott rather than Clark to be perfectly honest.

Â