Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

I agree that his experience would be a real asset along the back line.  My concern is his mobility.  Currently our back 4 is very agile, athletic, and mobile.  Lescott is a statue- and I'm concerned that he would be targeted and exploited, regardless of his experience.

I watched many Premier League games last season here in the States featuring WBA- and Lescott was exposed often imo.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree that his experience would be a real asset along the back line. My concern is his mobility. Currently our back 4 is very agile, athletic, and mobile. Lescott is a statue- and I'm concerned that he would be targeted and exploited, regardless of his experience.

I watched many Premier League games last season here in the States featuring WBA- and Lescott was exposed often imo. Just my 2 cents.

He was exposed, imo, because WBA have a static backline full stop. The lack place all over the pitch, so there was nobody around to make up for his shortcomings.

He's a very intelligent defender. Composed, a juggernaut in the air, I've always rated him and wanted him.

• Like 3

I agree that his experience would be a real asset along the back line.  My concern is his mobility.  Currently our back 4 is very agile, athletic, and mobile.  Lescott is a statue- and I'm concerned that he would be targeted and exploited, regardless of his experience.

I watched many Premier League games last season here in the States featuring WBA- and Lescott was exposed often imo.  Just my 2 cents.

I don't think your assesment of Lescott is correct, Lescott is still mobile and a good defender. Plus I'm fairly certain a statue like centre half who can be exposed would not be voted a fans player of the season like he was last year at Albion.

I agree that his experience would be a real asset along the back line. My concern is his mobility. Currently our back 4 is very agile, athletic, and mobile. Lescott is a statue- and I'm concerned that he would be targeted and exploited, regardless of his experience.

I watched many Premier League games last season here in the States featuring WBA- and Lescott was exposed often imo. Just my 2 cents.

He was exposed, imo, because WBA have a static backline full stop. The lack place all over the pitch, so there was nobody around to make up for his shortcomings.

He's a very intelligent defender. Composed, a juggernaut in the air, I've always rated him and wanted him.

That is a very good point. Regardless of what I think of his mobility... If he comes to Villa he will be cheered by me.

I just hope he doesn't stunt the development of Okore and Clark

That is a very good point. Regardless of what I think of his mobility... If he comes to Villa he will be cheered by me.

He'll stunt Clark's development for sure, but not Okore's, because he plays on the other side. 

Completes our defence, IMO. We aren't going to get an Ottemendi type are we, even players like that who in my opinion aren't of the elite level of day 10 years back are going for ridiculous money.

We already have potential in Okore, a forgotten man by many. There isn't a better move we could make IMO.

Hope it happens.

Still think we lack a rightback but I think he does compliment Richards very well.

He'll stunt Clark's development for sure, but not Okore's, because he plays on the other side. 

Im not convinced at all by Okore personally

So will he play alongside Richards, Clark and Amavi or will he be a CB backup option?

Starting CB I would imagine alongside Richards. 

Not so sure we need a centre half with pace,necessarily, we have some already.....we need composure and organisation skills in there.

he could be what we need, for the funds available

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â