Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Lescott actually won the supporters' player of the year award there last season. This in a season where Berahino got 20 goals. He's far from being a cast off. What makes this triple sweet is that we've weakened a rival and they happen to be local :)

If he's not a cast off, why not just keep him then?

Interesting re: the supporters player of hte year award though...thanks.

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right? Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I haven't watched him, so I don't know...but I can't get excited about a boggie cast off from the face of it.

I have WBA- supporting mates who say he was their best player last season, and are pissed off that he's been sold.

Hmm, my mates wife is a season ticket holder...I'll ask her about him.

I just can't imagine why a team of fellow strugglers last season were more than happy to offload to their local rivals for peanuts. THey could have just paid the peanuts and kept him, surely, if he was any good.

Ho hum.

Player of the season. They wouldn't extend his contact. He grew up a Villa fan and wanted to finish his career here. He's Richards best mate. They've been playing him at left back. The player pushed for the move.

Pretty simple logic to be fair.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right? Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I haven't watched him, so I don't know...but I can't get excited about a boggie cast off from the face of it.

I have WBA- supporting mates who say he was their best player last season, and are pissed off that he's been sold.

I just can't imagine why a team of fellow strugglers last season were more than happy to offload to their local rivals for peanuts. THey could have just paid the peanuts and kept him, surely, if he was any good.

Ho hum.

Player of the season. They wouldn't extend his contact. He grew up a Villa fan and wanted to finish his career here. He's Richards best mate. They've been playing him at left back. The player pushed for the move.

The only point worth mentioning to be fair, and begs the question why?  Seems like pennies in the contrast of things to extend his contract, if they don't want to extend my contracts at any place of work it's because I'm surplus to requirements...

Cracking signing. I know some are concerned abiut his age but he is only just 33 and lots of centre backs have played at the top level well into their mid thrities. Of current players John Terry is 18 months older and Distin although now on the wane is 4 years older and was a big player for Everton in recent seasons.

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right?  Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I don't think you can get excited about any signing until you see them play.

Rarely, have Aston Villa signed players to get excited about, even our arguably best player of all time was iffy when we signed him and bombed out of Man U as a reject..... went on to play his best football for us.

We are not a big enough attraction to be excited about signings.... we get pleasantly surprised, if we are lucky,not excited.

The thing is at the moment if they are up and coming, they are not ready and inexperienced......If they are ready and experienced they are too old and slow, if they are available they are another clubs reject.

We can't spend 40 mill on a young player that the whole of Europe wants and would be an exciting signing of next to guaranteed performance.....and even if we could, right now they wouldn't want to come.

We need to have a number of sustainable years of progress, by recruiting players that improve themselves and us......We need to get back to the days when signing duds were a bit of a one off.

Ho hum.

The only point worth mentioning to be fair, and begs the question why? Seems like pennies in the contrast of things to extend his contract, if they don't want to extend my contracts at any place of work it's because I'm surplus to requirements...

Because he's 33. I dunno, I'm not Jeremy Peace. Maybe he didn't want to play left wing back for the rest of his career either?

**** delighted anyway. I've always coveted him.

Does this mean we have to stop singing about him being hit by a bus 

Well if the shoe fits, you'll just have to fit the lyric into something more positive...lol.

I always think of klingons when I look at him.

Welcome Joleon. It's fantastic that he'll get to play for his childhood team.

And credit where it's due to Man City for that tweet, they appear to be pretty good at media relations (that wham video is great, the east 17 one is decent too).

Anyway, hoping to see Lescott score for us instead of against us for a change!

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right?  Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

Actually I've got a sneaky feeling you do want to be a party pooper, otherwise why post something like this based on zilcho information whatsoever?

FYI he was the West Brom fans' player of the season last year and won praise for a run of 6 clean sheets out of Pulis's first 10 games in charge.

• Like 1

Â