Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Sunderland fans seem to think he will be a decent signing... :D

Bear in mind this was a bloke who was supposedly a fan of this club that thought relegation was a weight off his shoulders.

The weight is well and truly back on Joleon

Edited by AshVilla

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think there really needs to be much clearer oversight on transfers and who is involved in them, with managers forced to declare to the FA any conflicts of interest.

There seems to be an ever growing link between managers and player representatives of those they are involved with buying and selling.

The game is absolutely full of backhanders and shady deals, we are just the mugs that fund it.

I agree with that.

On this particular transfer, this seems to me be an example of that very rare beast, the transfer that the board should have stepped in to halt. 

On 23/01/2017 at 21:45, TrentVilla said:

Just go to show doesn't it, some managers sign players on reputation alone (maybe a little desperation as well).

There can be absolutely no way that Moyes watch Lescott either in Greece or here, nobody would sign him had they done so.

Not just manager's. I had TS on in the car today and Darren Gough and that prat Durham were both saying that Lescott was 'much better than what they have'

Just now, av1 said:

Not just manager's. I had TS on in the car today and Darren Gough and that prat Durham were both saying that Lescott was 'much better than what they have'

Lescott looks like a man who found a golden ticket to a Sunderland contract in a box of sugar puffs having eaten 254 packs first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Lescott looks like a man who found a golden ticket to a Sunderland contract in a box of sugar puffs having eaten 254 packs first.

in fairness I think he shared some with Ross and Gabby ;)

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I bet football fans the length and breadth of thr country couldn't wait to phone a premium rate number to disagree.

• Like 1

Â