Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think that's unfair. I felt and I think most people felt this was a brilliant signing at the time,  it's only in retrospect that we know it wasn't.

However if you want to talk about idiots handing contracts to Lambert and Gabby and Sinclair I am with you all the way. 

I didn't, but I was referring more to the terms than the signing itself - paying him so much that even with a relegation clause no other club would want him

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think that's unfair. I felt and I think most people felt this was a brilliant signing at the time,  it's only in retrospect that we know it wasn't.

However if you want to talk about idiots handing contracts to Lambert and Gabby and Sinclair I am with you all the way. 

I thought it was a crazy signing at the time, however I must concede that I thought Ilori would be a great bit of business and that extra cover would not be needed. From seeing him play a few times for WBA the previous season it was clear his legs were gone.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I thought it was a crazy signing at the time, however I must concede that I thought Ilori would be a great bit of business and that extra cover would not be needed. From seeing him play a few times for WBA the previous season it was clear his legs were gone.

Bloody hell, clean forgot about him! 

3 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I disagree with your last sentence.

Charles-N-Zogbia-222529.jpg

N'Zogbia was no where near as bad as Lescott in my opinion. Obviously quite difficult to compare them because of their positions but when Charles was a mainstay in the side we never rolled over like we did with Lescott in the team (for an entire season). Plus Lescott's conduct off the field when he claims to be a 'fan' cements him as the most disliked player I've seen in a Villa shirt for me. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

N'Zogbia was no where near as bad as Lescott in my opinion. Obviously quite difficult to compare them because of their positions but when Charles was a mainstay in the side we never rolled over like we did with Lescott in the team (for an entire season). Plus Lescott's conduct off the field when he claims to be a 'fan' cements him as the most disliked player I've seen in a Villa shirt for me. 

Spot on.

So we don't want him, he's poisonous . Can't find too many clubs wanting him and the one we do find he can't agree terms with . Looks like we'll be stuck with him. What are we to do?

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

So we don't want him, he's poisonous . Can't find too many clubs wanting him and the one we do find he can't agree terms with . Looks like we'll be stuck with him. What are we to do?

Send him to Coventry! 

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

Play hard ball. Tell him he can either go on gardening leave for 12 months, effectively ending his career, or he can agree to a vastly reduced settlement to f off. 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was probably the pressure of playing against Hamilton, Celtic and Kilmarnock that was too much for him to go to Scotland

a dark day for the club, better off paying him off now

The fact that he won't be playing against them now will no doubt be a weight off his shoulders.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

if he's failed a medical then that would mean he isn't fit/able to play professionally anymore (most would say they knew that over a year ago)

what's the possibility of claiming on the insurance and getting rid of him that way?

He hasn't failed the medical.

Even if he had it wouldn't mean he isn't fit to play. Players 'fail' medicals and clubs pull out of transfers because they aren't prepared to sign players with underlying injuries not because they aren't fit to play football often other clubs are prepared to take the risk. Some recent examples are Ba, Boyd and Austin.

Anyway this didn't happen with Lescott.

Â