Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Take with a giant pinch of salt but word is from the Rangers side of things, is that he had the medical but problems were encountered with his knees. As a result, the contact offer was reduced to one year or pay as you play type of offer. Mr. Lescott declined such offers!

Does seem strange he would hold talks with Warbs, agree to the deal, to then travel up and decide he wasn't interested.. :detect:

1 minute ago, Wonkertonk said:

Take with a giant pinch of salt but word is from the Rangers side of things, is that he had the medical but problems were encountered with his knees. As a result, the contact offer was reduced to one year or pay as you play type of offer. Mr. Lescott declined such offers!

Does seem strange he would hold talks with Warbs, agree to the deal, to then travel up and decide he wasn't interested.. :detect:

Very plausible. or he (his agent) think that we're desperate to get rid and can get some money in his pocket from Villa to leave too...

Just now, Genie said:

Very plausible. or he (his agent) think that we're desperate to get rid and can get some money in his pocket from Villa to leave too...

I think Dr. Tony confirmed that they would cover part of his remaining year, anyway.

BBC Scotland starting to latch onto the failed medical talk too, now.

3 minutes ago, Wonkertonk said:

I think Dr. Tony confirmed that they would cover part of his remaining year, anyway.

BBC Scotland starting to latch onto the failed medical talk too, now.

I saw we were covering his wages, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted a golden goodbye too.

No-one is going to touch him now with 'failed medical' in the media. :-(

Out!  Damn'd Spot ! Out I say !

Failed medical ?  So what ?  They surely hadn't been expecting him to run or anything ?  Its only Scottish football FFS what difference does it make whether he can walk ?

Fingers crossed the mercenary so and so has had a better offer from Sunderland.

If not can we have a whip round and buy him some new knees or whatever ?

• Like 1

This medical business always makes me laugh (except this time) - seeing as actually being fit is a pre-requisite to signing someone why on earth don't footballers have an up to date 'Certificate of Fitness' or something in the same way we have driving licences ?  The amount of time and money wasted on these things ?

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

This medical business always makes me laugh (except this time) - seeing as actually being fit is a pre-requisite to signing someone why on earth don't footballers have an up to date 'Certificate of Fitness' or something in the same way we have driving licences ?  The amount of time and money wasted on these things ?

Players arrives at potential club for a multi million pound fee, and millions of pounds in wages with his "certificate of fitness". No need to check then... :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Bomb squad it is

Unless Tony is willing to pay up the rest of his contract now

He may as well keep him in that case if we have a defensive injury crisis. I guess they'll end up negotiating over paying up a percentage of it for him to do one.

Why should it be a problem ? I'm amazed if they don't have important physical attributes constantly checked by their own Club - they should, if they don't.....looking at it the other way around, WHY is Lescott not able to pass a medical (if that is the case ) seeing as he has been training with us......surely that effectively means he aint right for us either ?......... IF he cannot pass a medical WE should be able to ditch him !

Anyway,I know it would never happen,  just fed up about it .  Make him go away.

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

If he is medically unable to play or to be offered a contract would we have an insurance claim.

Good call. We could send the DVD's of his "performances" last season as proof of our claim. 

Â