Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

ANYWAY.............He's gone !

When Tony took over we would 'all' have wanted Lescott, Sinclair, Richards, Zog, Guzan, Richardson, Gabby and Bacuna on their bikes.

We all knew the Manager might get something out of one or two that meant they could stay.

But who knew all we'd be left with is Richards as a Sub and Bacuna (doing ok) ?

Top job.

AND replaced all with what seem to be good characters, strong personalities, good work ethic, and who fit in with a plan - and a forward who can shoot !

Great stuff.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Excellent thanks for posting to support what I said. Effectively Lescotts contract has been cancelled with a free transfer and us paying part of his wages. Gabby doesn't look like anyone wants him and we are stuck with him. And Clark Guzan Sinclair have been sold and Richards and bacuna may very well be . Good job.

i also clarified that opinion to show that IF we couldn't shift those players, and my view at the time was lescott and agbonlahor would not be shifted (not wrong there then) that we would be better served by removing the poison. Lescott.  Has been shifted but by us forgoing a fee and paying some of his wages so at cost to the club and agbonlahor will not be shifted . Thanks for posting to support my view, seems that rdm and xia took that opinion too. 

40 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

And celebrated right in front of the Holte, no doubt

Nah,  those days are gone.  Tony won't allow that. He would personally headbutt Randy on the way down to the pitch to deflect the shot himself before dancing the gangnam style dance on the goal line whilst waving wads of cash in Lescotts face. 

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

:lol:

I'm amazed that you're trying to get away with that.

"Get away with that" wording suggests a degree of point scoring to be honest. What I did was express an opinion which I clarified . There is no inconsistency , which I guess is what people are suggesting. There is no disparity between what I said then and now . My opinion was and is if we cannot get rid of players it is better to cut out that poison, get rid first if we can but that there may be some that we cannot get rid of without cost to the club and we would be better served by getting rid. The two players from my quote were gabby and lescott. Lescott we have got rid of at cost to the club,  still paying his wages and with no transfer fee. Fair play.

gabby , do you think he will leave? Do you think he should ? I do and I don't think anyone will want him. He will be the next nzogbia and I think the club can do without that. By all means we can try and shift him, but I don't think it will happen and he I'll be a bad smell hanging around for the remainder of his contract.

opinion is fairly consistent to be honest but hey ho people read what they want don't they. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Oh guys please stop squabbling and be happy.  Who cares how it was proposed by whom. The end of the day we all wanted him gone and it looks very much like he's gone. Please unite in the joy of the Aston Villa brotherhood (and sisterhood for the ladies) 

More than happy to chap. Comment was posted and I guess terry and I responded to it that's all. Just thrilled the shit has / is going long may it continue as I guess we all just want all the shits to go! 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why we lumbered paying some of this cretins wAges? Final way for lescott to screw the club. Bye bye loser

Sadly, if the alternative is having him hang around the club and us having to pay all of his wages, or pay off his entire contract this is the best compromise. Gets him out the door and costs us less.

Just shows what a bunch of idiots we had controlling contracts last year. :-(

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Sadly, if the alternative is having him hang around the club and us having to pay all of his wages, or pay off his entire contract this is the best compromise. Gets him out the door and costs us less.

Just shows what a bunch of idiots we had controlling contracts last year. :-(

I think that's unfair. I felt and I think most people felt this was a brilliant signing at the time,  it's only in retrospect that we know it wasn't.

However if you want to talk about idiots handing contracts to Lambert and Gabby and Sinclair I am with you all the way. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think that's unfair. I felt and I think most people felt this was a brilliant signing at the time,  it's only in retrospect that we know it wasn't.

However if you want to talk about idiots handing contracts to Lambert and Gabby and Sinclair I am with you all the way. 

+ Hutton

18 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

+ Hutton

Yes sorry,  missed that one. 

For Lescott also see Nzogbia, seemed about the best we could have done at the time.  Add Richards as well. 

It's wrong to criticize the club for signing apparently good deals which go wrong, but will criticize all day when the sign deals which patently look wrong at the time.  I don't think I have every been more baffled by anything in my life that the extension to Lambert's contract right up until they extended Gabby's. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I was one of the few who said this was going to be a bad signing at the time. Thought he was massively over-rated at albion and when i saw him it looked like his legs had gone. Attitude wise even i was suprised of how much of a prick he was.  

15 minutes ago, sne said:

So how large a % can we afford to pay him but still be able to move this to Other Football?

Guessing the answer is 50/50...

That's always the answer 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richard said:

Excellent thanks for posting to support what I said. Effectively Lescotts contract has been cancelled with a free transfer and us paying part of his wages. Gabby doesn't look like anyone wants him and we are stuck with him. And Clark Guzan Sinclair have been sold and Richards and bacuna may very well be . Good job.

i also clarified that opinion to show that IF we couldn't shift those players, and my view at the time was lescott and agbonlahor would not be shifted (not wrong there then) that we would be better served by removing the poison. Lescott.  Has been shifted but by us forgoing a fee and paying some of his wages so at cost to the club and agbonlahor will not be shifted . Thanks for posting to support my view, seems that rdm and xia took that opinion too. 

Out of interest, who are the "few"?

You said "...cancelling the contracts of a few, Gabby, Lescott etc".  That's 2 players and an etc.  Given that you wanted Bacuna, Richards, Guzan, Sinclair and Clark to be sold, who are the other players whose contracts we should cancel?

Incorrect reporting in the express and star again. Headline states "Joleon Lescott set to seal exit from Aston Villa"  when it should actually say "Aston Villa set to seal exit of Joleon Lescott" 

• Like 1

Â